Goodnight Seattle - What was that?

m00n

I admit, I didn't watch Frasier each week, however, I really did enjoy the show when it was on. I just watched the series fanally (sp?). I can't help but feel that was a rather weak ending. It felt like it wasn't really the end of the show... Anyone else?

Really? The problem I found was that there was no lead up to the end of the show. They never really set the stage for the end, however, with friends, the show was coming to and end and you could feel it in the script.

Eh.. I dunno, just my 2 cents. 1.gif

When you see how some series handle the series finale it makes it even sadder to see those that do it poorly.

I was a big M*A*S*H fan, and in my opinion the series finale was one of the greatest examples of television theater and all that it can be that I've ever seen.

The finale of Newhart was one of the best surprize twists, and a wink and a nod to the loyal fans of Bob Newhart that followed his career, and I think I laughed louder and longer at the last 30 seconds of that show than at anything else I've ever watched.

It's too bad that there are so few examples of this that I'm having trouble coming up with others...

Prob something to do with the "Frazier" character being the longest running sitcom charactor...felt like a big set-up for the next season and another "new" show to me.

"Welcome to Chicago"...good catch! It didn't sink-in until now.

Have to admint I miss "WKRP in Cinncinnatii" it's just too hard to spell (sorry buckeyes).

I agree the last M*A*S*H show will always be the benchmark for a final series ending IMO.

Maybe they are setting up for s spinoff. Huh.. I wonder what the changes are. There was Cheers, they spun off Fraiser, and now a new one with the same character? Would be intereting to see.

I actually heard that to on the radio the other day of a possible spin off.

I totally agree with RayG...MASH was the best, and there is no comparison with others, that was a true classic IMO.

I didn't think Seinfeld was the great either.

----------------

On 5/14/2004 7:56:49 AM Ray Garrison wrote:

I was a big M*A*S*H fan, and in my opinion the series finale was one of the greatest examples of television theater and all that it can be that I've ever seen.

The finale of Newhart was one of the best surprize twists, and a wink and a nod to the loyal fans of Bob Newhart that followed his career, and I think I laughed louder and longer at the last 30 seconds of that show than at anything else I've ever watched.

It's too bad that there are so few examples of this that I'm having trouble coming up with others...

----------------

MASH and Newhart were great. Most other endings were let-downs, but here's two more final episodes that I thought were really excellent: The Wonder Years and Quantum Leap. Just my 2 cents...

I thought the ending was appropriate. After all, one of the recurring themes thoughout the series was Frazier trying to find the "love of his life". I don't think they should do a spin-off of another spin-off. That's like copying a LP to tape and then copying the tape. It just starts to sound lousy after a while.9.gif

I'm with jeffgeorge. I enjoyed 'Cheers' and I enjoyed 'Fraiser' (albeit, not every week). But, 20 years of "The Kelsey Grammer Show" is enough. Give somebody else a chance. Don't get me wrong as I'm not knocking Grammer. I'm just ready for a change I guess. I thought the twist to the ending was appropriate. I did catch the word "Chicago" right away. We watched it last night as we'd recorded it on our ReplyTV unit (like a TiVo). We thought it was a good ending and we enjoyed the retrospective hour prior to the last episode.

OK,

This thread is just bugging me wondering what the ending was about, I thought it would be explained by now. Unfortunately, I only caught the last 15 minutes of the show, and understood that he was suppose to go to San Fran, but landed in Chicago. What was he going to Chicago for? What is the love of his life? Could somebody please explain???

-PB

Yes during the episode the love of his life moved to Chicago.

Fraiser then made the decision he needed a change and took a

job with a radio station in San Francisco. In the final minutes

it shows Fraiser on the plan taking with another woman and

the stewardess announces "Welcome to Chicago" then the show ends.