FOR SALE: ASAP ALL WORK LOOK GOOD

dodger

Hello:

Have many medical bills and consolidation of equipment.

So I must sell:

McIntosh 2120: slight ding in corner, so I bought a new faceplate - last one from McIntosh

Scott 299: MINT but for a bend in lower left corner. Metal worker says can be fixed. My own fault unpacking. ALL lettering, metal knbs, beautiful piece.

NAD 705

NAD 7125 thump when turned off

Yamaha tuner

Carver C-9 Sonic Generater

Six (6) NOS USED TUNG-SOL 6550 tubes

some NOS UNUSED ECC83/12AX7s, other oddballtubes, some neede tubes.

Buyer pays all shipping/insurance costs.

May have some other.

Have to get off now.

PM or email - whl 248 - yahoo or webtv.

Thanks,

Win dodger1.gif

Win, could you send me info in the Scott? I might be interested. Contact is in my profile. Thanks, and best of luck in overcoming whatever is ailing you. Minor, I'm sure, to whatever is going on with you, but I had my cholersterol checked Tues, got the results today, they said I need to get back in to discuss it with the Doc:

Total: 207

HDL: 44

LDL: ?

Triglic: 330

Said they couldn't calculate the LDL cause the Tri's were way too high. If any of you other old farts, like me, have had experience with all this, I'd love to hear what the real world explaination is, the nurse couldn't tell me squat on the phone, and not scheduled in again till 6/7. Thanks.

They're all blood fats. Triglycerides are small, low density molecules. Their production is encouraged by eating sugars and carbs, somehow. 207 for total cholesterol is not too bad. It should be under 200 and you can do that be drastically cutting back on fats and sources like red meat. Triglycerides should be under 200 and under 170 is recommended. All increase risk of stroke and heart attack from blocked arteries.

I am genetically disposed to high Triglycerides and cholesterol, especially Triglycerides and take Tricor to control it. At 330, you could expect a similar drug. Even with 30 grams of fat a day and >1 hours aerobic exercise a day, I could not get my Triglycerides below 200.

My cholesteral was 290 last check. Adjusted my diet but still having a hard time getting it down. Runs in the family. My 92 yr old grandmother has had 350-400 for the last 20 years (and probably longer!). I don't think she cares.2.gif

I also did the whole stress test thing and passed with flying colors. 15 minutes on the treadmill to get my heart rate to 150. They say I must be a runner. Ha! I run to the fridge for dessert. I do only weigh 160 (5'10"). I'll probably start on some meds to get the cholesteral down. John's right. It should be under 200. I don't think I'll ever get there.14.gif

Win.. didn't mean to hijack your thread, sorry. 15.gif Thanks for the info on the health issues though, guys. I'm too young to be this damn old, already taking one pill for gout, one for acid reflux, which I don't have, but they don't know why else my esophogous needs to be expanded every couple years, so they blame it on that. What's one more little pill a day, but I suppose I should take a hard look at my eating style.

Win, don't doubt you've not been on since yesterday, but still looking for a reply re the Scott. fishmann at crosslake.net