"Belles" for sale

VernBob

We have a pair of "Belles" and and have very little knowledge as to what they are worth. We want to come up with a fair price. They have sequential serial numbers #2S632 and#2S631 and type #KB-WO. The piece of paper on the back has this info. along with the signature of the inspector and tester. Other markings are RB branded into the wood in back and JI and J2 stamped inside along side of components. We bought them used 15 years ago. Due to a remodel we are forced to part with them. They are in really great shape. Please advise...Thanks 1.gif

Gee, you're right up the road from me (if that be CA...)! What are you planning on replacing them with? Were you thinking of eBaying them, or selling them here? If you don't have a digital camera, I could come by and take a shot or two for posting here. Just give a holler!

I think John is right, 1200- 2000 dollars. If you let fini capture a pic or two, this will help a lot.

People on this board might pay a little premium and be a lot less of a hassle too because were all fans of Klipsch.

Ebay gets a little tricky sometimes with higher bid items and shipping!

Just my 2 cents.

As I just wrote to Fini, I'm so sorry for not responding. First time joining a forum. I suppose I have no excuse for lack of e-etiquette. I have to say that because of this forum I have found a wonderful home for my belles. Your suggested range of an asking price gave me a guidline as to what was a fair price. I hope you folks will allow me to visit again. Thanks for all your responses. VB

Gullah, did you really get those Belle's? If you did you are going to have to get a storage unit pretty soon. Which Khorns are you going to be selling, I assume not the Rosewood ones. Shame that you are a continent away from me. I am pondering the notion of going with 4 Khorn's so I need another pair but they need to be close to me.

It's a tough decision. The truth is, I have absolutely NO NEED for two pairs of Klipschorns, so one of them's gotta' go.

The rosewood is stinkin' beautiful and, of course, very rare so part of me wants to just keep 'em and part with the birch pair. On the other hand, I think it would be very rewarding to completely refurbish the birch pair and make them special.

In addition, I'm very fortunate to have such a good "virtual" friend in JorJen who has offered to assist with the project that I can be assured that I have the resources to help me assure that the job is done RIGHT! (As you know, he doesn't mess around when it comes to quality work)

So...I dunno'6.gif

I'm beginning to lean toward listing the rosewood pair on Ebay and raising some capital to fund a fully blown overhaul of the birch pair. Meanwhile, I'll have a pair of Belles to enjoy while I'm working on them. And eventually I can move the Belles into the master "retreat"!! (Having Belles in your bedroom automatically upgrades the room to "retreat" status3.gif )

Dan,

You've gone horn-nuts -- no doubt about it. The thrill of acquisition is tickling your brain in such a way that you just can't stop!

Like they say -- "It's not the having, it's the getting."

There's only one way to cure this. You've got to give the birch horns to me. The disappointment of seeing them go will snap you back and squash that acquisitive little bug in your head.

See you Saturday.

Gullah-

I would hope you offer those rosewoods up here first, before sending them to eBay. 1.gif I'm sure lots of folks would be interested in them. Heck, I might even sell my walnut K-horns to my parents for a shot at those rosewoods. 9.gif

At any rate, it does sound like you have an obsession. Better look into it. 2.gif

Okay...I'll make this official.

For Sale - 1977 Klipschorn KB-RL in excellent condition - $3,000

Pictures are available and delivery possible in Northern California. Willing to ship if you make the arrangements.

For a few pictures, see here: http://home.earthlink.net/~hirschler/rosewoodklipschornpictures/id1.html

PM or call if interested. 209.740.8864

-Dan