Odds and Mods?

YES INDEED . All that is really left is to change the colour scheme

then " POOF " we got ourselves another AVS forum .

OH YA almost forgot , we'll need one or 2 more moderators to stick there nose in every single thread then we'll be just like the rest of the limp noddle forums out there .

Fraid to say it , but a few bad apples have got there way around here and now look at how things are shapeing up . I can hardly remember how many rude and insulting comments i 've recieved a few years back when i first came here , but " hey " i just left it alone instead of e-mailing the dam moderators and or starting a flame war .

Some never took the same stand , now we have the police jumping in whenever they read the wrong thing into a perfectly harmless thread . I've seen a few closed that i've got no clue what was wrong .

Whats going to be left ?

You know I looked at the forums opening screen and something was not right. But yeah it looks like they combined Odd and Mods an Updating Older Speakers. I truly hope they have not lost the data in the archives of those threads as well I hope they have made future searches accommodating to access that archived info.

Yeah I know why not combined the lesser used thread like Sound Cards and General in to one thread called "Computer Questions". They also have individual threads for Promedia 2.1, Accessories and GMX that could have been combined or condensed. Granted I am ranting because two threads I valued very much are now much harder to search but I do feel it was a poor choice. For me I guess to me its a dance with who brung ya and some one cut in on us.

I guess I don't mind the webmaster cutting back and condensing forum catagories, as long as all the threads from the deleted forums have either been archived, or added to existing forums...Uh, I see that those I posted on "Odds and Mods" have been retained in the latest updated forum "Updates and Modifications". Jolly good show.

----------------

On 5/29/2004 11:33:50 PM jt1stcav wrote:

as long as all the threads from the deleted forums have either been archived, or added to existing forums...

----------------

I'm with jt1stcav... as long as the historical messages are conserved; it's no big deal... even though "troubleshooting" (which used to be just beside "technical questions" BTW) was one of the groups I enjoyed frequenting. It had a lot of subject overlap with the other sections as well as it's share of incorrectly placed posts to begin with.

Don't fret as the online world is an ever changing one... 2.gif

Rob

I took a look at the search function menu. It tracks the new consolidation. I was concerned that searching might be messed up. Perhaps not.

We really need new classifications with subsets for FAQs:

1) Does wire make a difference.

2) Do connectors make a difference.

3) Do tubes make a difference.

4) Where do I buy parts.

5) Repair/replacement of diaphragms.

6) Crossover schematics, and which crossovers are best.

7) Wood care (if it is wood).

8) Plastic care (see 7).

9) Damage to woofer cones and use of vacuum cleaners.

10) White Vans / Black Helicopters.

11) How to find the Promedia section.

12) Small animals in speaker boxes (see 9).

13) What's going on on eBay.

14) Vinyl versus CD versus mulitchannel versus shellac.

15) PWK had it right all along.

Any suggestions for more?

Smile,

Gil

Other things that could go in an FAQ: (things I see all the time)

1) "What receiver goes with XYZ?"

2) Should I buy Klipsch Online?

3) "Is RF-7 worth the extra $$ ?"

... in fact, I have an idea! Maybe some of us could work on a "Klipsch newbie guide to home theater" and a "Klipsch newbie guide to 2 channel" or some such, and cover everything from choosing components, room layout, choosing cable, calibration, speaker placement, video calibration, etc. All this would be done with a Klipsch bias. I think I'll start another thread on this...

----------------

On 6/1/2004 1:41:07 AM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

We really need new classifications with subsets for FAQs:

1) Does wire make a difference.

2) Do connectors make a difference.

5) Repair/replacement of diaphragms.

10) White Vans / Black Helicopters.

11) How to find the Promedia section.

12) Small animals in speaker boxes (see 9).

Any suggestions for more?

----------------

lol... ummm.... how about

2.5) Physics vs Snake oil

2.6) A How-to guide to flame wars 3.gif

Obviously it would be next to impossible to writing an audio FAQ without a bias... and therefore controversial for a company to post (without PWK at the helm). OTOH there is no reason these could not be gathered from existing posts and placed on an independent server. I did produce a guide to 5) Repair/replacement of diaphragms for the K77 which is on my server.

BTW, I particularly like #11 .... 9.gif

Rob

PS: I crossposted this into the Forum FAQ and newbie guide thread and will continue this topic in there. Just made sense to have this with Gil's response.