O/T. Any Jeep owners?

m00n

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a good deal about offroading, not a ton about Jeep specifics, but the Rubicon looks like a solid offroading machine as it already saves you from having to do several modifications yourself, including lockers, mud terrain tires, not sure if they come with bead locks, they already have a suspension lift, etc. I'd get the Rubicon and upgrade it even more. Throw on an exhaust, and intake and headers and really make the thing a trail thrashing beast.

offroading isnt all about power and speed, most of the time, when you are offroading you are doing it in low gear at 5mph, a stock 4.0l Wrangler in low gear has enough power to do just about anything, it all comes down to ground clearence and tire size after that.

----------------

On 6/3/2004 9:25:12 AM damonrpayne wrote:

I learned to drive stick in a 1956 Willis Jeep, it was a great vehicle. Get a vintage jeep type vehicle and be cooler than everyone else...

----------------

I owned 1981 a CJ-7 with a 304 V-8. Last year for V-8s in them.

jeep.jpg

Does anyone know who's driving this Jeep and from where?

----------------

On 6/3/2004 5:46:58 PM TBrennan wrote:

Moon---Of course you're aware that the Wrangler is the favorite, #1 vehicle of gay men and considered a regular boy magnet?

----------------

What? That's the first I've ever heard of that. I think your yanking my crank.

m00n,

I have a 2002 Sahara.

I love it. I wanted a 2 seater. I was looking at BMW's, Audi, etc. I needed to be able to take my dog (yellow lab) with me and I couldn't see trashing the seats up in those cars. I was driving home and saw a Wrangler. I thought score.

I went to the dealer on Wednesday to look at them and traded in my Pathfinder on Saturday. A hour after I had it home I took out the back seat and it hasn't been in since.

I like the Sahara better than the Rubicon only because the fenders and the car is all the same colors.

My Jeep is all white. In 2002 the X and the sport were white, but the fenders are gray looking plastic.

The Rubicon has that same configuration.

The Sahara comes with the hardtop and softtop. I haven't had the hardtop on in over a year. I bought a bikini top for mine. I have had the bikini on since March. I drove around a couple of days with the temp at around 29 degrees, but i survived.

Driving into work this morning it was raining alittle, but the carpet doesn't have foam backing and they are made to get wet.

I have also taken off the side steps, front and rear bumbers and replaced them with Black tubes to sport it up alittle.

I am not going to raise it. I have never had it in 4WD. To be honest I don't even know how. It comes with a VHS tape, but I don't have a player.

The new models are 10 inches longer. I am going to go look at them this weekend. My car has almost 41k miles on it and this maybe a good time to trade.I have had no problems with mine yet.

I have driven it 15 hours straight (Bham to Little Rock back to Bham) to pick up a pair of Heresy's. It has as much legroom (I'm 6"4") and rides as smooth as my 95 Pathfinder (they both don't drive like cars..kinda rough but not bad).

Gas Mileage inhales. Holds 16 gallons and I can go about 240 miles before I start looking for a gas station.I was use to getting weak mileage with the Pathfinder (I traded a Honda CRX SI in on the Pathfinder).

I use it as my main car. I have picked up 10 foot pieces of molding. I bought a 5x10 utility trailer. I drove it and the trailer to Nashville (6 hours roundtrip) to pick up a pair of Lascala's. I bought a TroyBuilt 42 inch riding lawnmower and towed it home using the Jeep. This also brings up a good point. Remember the problem with towing is not driving it's stopping. I know someone who was using a Jeep to tow a 18' ski boat and pulled it away from the boat ramp and could barley stop it even when he was only going 5 miles an hours.

I think starting in 97 they are called TJ's now. The ones I really like are the CJ's. They have a different roll cage and shape. They have analog gages and just look so nice.

Check out this site http://www.4wd.com/default1.asp

There is a section on the history of Jeeps. You can also see all the cool add ons you can buy to spice up you Jeep.

If you have any questions send me a PM and I'll call you.

I hope you get one. They are so much.

Danny

I can confirm to all that a stock Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee can do everything a stock wrangler can do, except turn as tight because of the longer length.

Since jeeps depreciate so fast, I NEVER buy a new one, but usually in the two year old range with 20-30K miles.

I have no problem mudding in my GC. Nothing like the pics above though.

Just remember to get yourself a winch. Tow trucks don't go down logging roads or through mud too often1.gif

JM

Honda---Oh, I'm sure you've heard dumber things, try listening to yourself. Calling my statement dumb without refuting it with proof is the logical fallacy known as the Arguement by Assertion.

Still, facts are facts. Jeeps ARE very popular with Gays and Lesbians simply adore Subaru wagons. Look around.

I think it's funny, you know, the irony thing.

----------------

On 6/3/2004 5:53:53 PM TBrennan wrote:

Moon---No, I ain't kiddin'. Check it out.

----------------

I'm soOOOoo not clicking that link. 11.gif Don't shatter my perceeved image of myself before I even have a jeep. 9.gif

DBFlash... I just may do that. I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait until later... Good to hear stories from happy jeepers.