JBL is better than Klipsch!

fzzytddybr1

----------------

On 6/8/2004 9:23:04 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

I didn't say that Klipsch suck. I actually complimented them if you read closely I said that they fill a room VERY well. I like Klipsch speakers a lot. I would really like a pair of khorns someday just not right now. Bose doesn't have a forum or I would go over to their website and tell all of the people there how bad bose sucks.

Taylor

----------------

I wasn't talking about you. I meant whoever started this, and I still wouldn't go over to bose if they had a forum to put down their speakers(maybe jbl just kidding). You could always email bose and tell em what you think.9.gif

I have a pair of JBL L110 that kicks the snot out of the KG4 at 1/4 the price on eBay. Tight, musical bass, realistic mids, and extended highs. In some categories, you have to match size for size. There are so many JBL models, it is really hard to compare the two makers.

I had a pair of jbl cast frame woofers not sure what they were called. Sounded horrable with a sony receiver. I hooked them up to an onkyo and i couldn't believe what i was hearing. They sounded so good i couldn't believe they were the same speaker. The worst part was this was after i sold them to my younger brother. I tell you what though that onkyo 500 receiver was something special for smoothness. I bought the 501 and it was an ear bleeder compared to that smoothness the 500 had. I figured the newer one would be better. It had more power no doubt, but man it just didn't have that smoothness. I never heard a receiver sound that smooth.

Is not JBL owned by Harmon Intl.?? And I believe Dr. Floyd Toole has made some significant research into the acoustics of the ear and how it relates to the blind listening test theory. Oh by the way, the IMAX at Edwards

Cinema here in Houston has JBL and it sounds pretty good.

Guys, this thread leads nowhere. It is completely pointless. All brands have great and not so great products. All brands have devoted fans and those who do not like those products. If someone likes Klipsch, it does not mean JBL is trash. Reverse is true as well. Be happy with whatever speakers you have -after all we do not listen to a brand - we listen to music.

----------------

On 6/12/2004 12:45:57 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

----------------

On 6/12/2004 3:36:55 AM koenig wrote:

JBL is made in China

----------------

Where do you think that Klipsch (excluding heritage) is made?

----------------

Well....

Both these statements are wrong.

JBL Northridge and Studio are made in Mexico. The high end stuff is still proudly made in Northridge, CA.

Klipsch Synergy and any plastic-cab stuff is made offshore (can't remember where) but Reference and Heritage are proudly made in Arkansas, just like it always was.

----------------

On 6/12/2004 12:45:57 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

----------------

On 6/12/2004 3:36:55 AM koenig wrote:

JBL is made in China

----------------

Where do you think that Klipsch (excluding heritage) is made?

----------------

The Heritage line is not the only nike made in the USA,Klipsch Reference and THX line uses drivers made in Mexico and the rest is made in the USA.

Mostly cheapo Klipsch is made in China

JBL,their cheapo lines are made in China and the upscale K2's are made in the USA.

Like with Altec Lansing,cheapo stuff made in China and the real deal(VOT)in the USA.

A company that makes their top of the line outside its homeland should be on permanent BOYCOT and go six feet under.

Who really cares where it is made as long as it sounds good. People used to always complain about stuff made in Japan, and now almost any professional electronic device is made there. They also make great cars and even better motorcycles.

I actually use a pair of JBL's N24s for my computer speakers and I have no complaints for their quality and price. Only like $90 at Worst Buy.

----------------

On 6/14/2004 7:07:43 PM wheelman wrote:

So my old synergy sf-2's are not made in the U.S.? Gee I may have to sell em then. Hell i've been lying to everyone thinking they were American made. That just Pisses me off.

----------------

Umm.... You're kidding right?

You'd be suprised how many Chinese products Americans buy and use.

Hell, I bought a pair of Scanspeak wannabe Taiwan made "Usher" brand soft dome tweeters.

The best dome tweeters I've had yet.(Which ain't sayin' much......)

A friend and I did a comparision with a pair of Scanspeak 9300's against the Ushers, it was hard to tell the difference.