God Bless America

ssh

Yesterday, during coverage in tribute to former President Ronald Reagan, ABC News ran a clip that included Kate Smith singing "God Bless America". Beautiful music, beautiful message. It was poignent on my Klipsch. Surely, on this we can agree.

SSH

I had the honor of meeting Pres Reagan in the mid 1980's (I got to drive in his Presidential motor pool when he came to tour the B-1 plant in Palmdale Ca). Very sad to hear of his passing, but he sure led a great life (excluding the last 10 sad years).

Count me in - God Bless America

"I guess we atheists (agnostic, actually) are just left out here...

I get more out of "Imagine" or "Love One Another" (right now... RIGHT NOW.... RIGHT FREAKING NOW!)

Man, do I need a day off..."

SO take it, take a couple, hell take the year off and go somewhere far away

Yeah, I prefer "Take Me Out To The Ballgame," myself. Now there's a message I can get behind...

(BTW, I like the Nat'l Anthem at the beginning of the game, too...)

----------------

On 6/6/2004 11:23:48 PM fini wrote:

----------------

Nice tune... came from an English drinking song.

The words, however... I don't remember which comedian said that it was basically nonsense littered with question marks.

----------------

On 6/6/2004 11:22:45 PM J.4knee wrote:

"I guess we atheists (agnostic, actually) are just left out here...

I get more out of "Imagine" or "Love One Another" (right now... RIGHT NOW.... RIGHT FREAKING NOW!)

Man, do I need a day off..."

SO take it, take a couple, hell take the year off and go somewhere far away
----------------

Sorry... I'm off for two days now, but will be checking in pretty frequently. I might take a week off later this summer, if King George and his fellow oil-rich friends haven't driven the price of fuel past my family's budget...

----------------

On 6/7/2004 6:41:28 AM chuckears wrote:

----------------

On 6/6/2004 11:23:48 PM fini wrote:

----------------

Nice tune... came from an English drinking song.

The words, however... I don't remember which comedian said that it was basically nonsense littered with question marks.

----------------

So? that's why I? like it!2.gif

My other political post that was scribed as an alternative to this one was locked; since this does not seem to be in the same jeopardy, I would like to simply explain that it is not the "God Bless America" sentiment to which I object, nor the enjoyment of the musical stylings of the late Kate Smith.

Rather, it is tying these to the departure of a former president whose policies did not work; and how the current mess we are in sprang from the same policies and mindset, and how all of it makes this forum look like an extension of Fox ("fair and balanced") News.

I wish my 500th post had more to do with Klipsch, but I did not instigate this topic; I am only responding to it with my own opinion.

God Bless America indeed. I hope He does, before it's too late.

chuckears, you're one depressing soul. I don't believe you to be a source for any intelligent economic comment or theory. Quit the political baiting and go cook yourself a steak. And if you can't afford steak, eat hamberger and save until you can buy the steak. We've all had to do it.

boomac,

Actually, I'm eating more fish these days... dead mammals and all that.

Most people who know me think I have a good (if sometimes twisted) sense of humor.

As for the baiting part, it is threads (and the first few respondents) like this one that are bait to me... and I've never put myself forth as an economist or an expert in economic theory.

...back to the steak deal; yes, I can afford a steak, and I'm pretty fair at cooking them as well (although, I don't understand its relevance here, unless you recall my saying in previous threads that I cook for a living). I am doing better than my parents were at my age, and work very hard for what I earn. I enjoy films and music on my home system, which consists of somewhere around 13-15 grand worth of equipment. Five of those pieces are Klipsch speakers, and I consider them to be the finest-sounding speakers in their price range that I have heard.

I'll retire from this thread now, because I've somehow lost the point I was trying to make... I'm basically wasting time that could be spent in the Sweet Spot, or with my family...

'night all.