Any attorneys out there?

m00n

m00n,

Last month we just had our backyard re-graded because of basement leaks. They built up the dirt against the house then sloped away for proper drainage and re-tarred the foundation. One problem: They didn't take into account the window well which is 6 inches lower than the dirt they raised. First storm and all the water drained directly into the window well which filled up with water in 5 minutes then poured into the basement. Luckily we had only paid 1/3 of the $2200 they were charging. There were other problems as well but I won't get into those. They guy came back out and wanted to charge another $1400 to fix everything stating that he tried to do it economically but we'd need drainage pipes that would have cost more to begin with. I said to get it all fixed THEN we'd work out the price if he wanted to get paid at all! He had his crew come out, raised the window well and put in 50 ft of drainage pipes from the side yard to the very front of the house. Initially that would've been $20/ft but he DID want to get paid so we agreed on $10/ft and everything worked out. Who knows what would have happened if I had paid up front!

Good luck. To late to cancel the check I assume.15.gif

----------------

On 6/10/2004 2:04:39 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Hey guys -

If you re-read moon's post you'll notice an awful lot of gramatical errors. Mistakes he typically doesn't make. Which means one thing to me.

HE'S PISSED!!
6.gif

I don't think now is a good time for humor.
15.gif

Tom

----------------

Nah... Yesterday I was P.O'd. Today I'm focused. 2.gif

In most communities landscapers have to be licensed. At the very least file a letter with the licensing agency over your problem. Anybody smart enough to check on their licensing won't hire them and the landscapers know this. It may not resolve your problem or it may. If they don't have a license and they are required to, burn them bad. I'm a painting contractor. I know the for hire business and I tell you never, POSITIVELY , NEVER pay more then half up front with the rest at completion to your, not their, satisfaction. Most contractors, like most people, (used car salesmen exempted) are honest, but there are also some very evil ripoff artists out there that could care less. Watch out for them and hold back money until it's done right.

Am I repeating myself, no final dough until it done. Got it everybody, not just mOOn. (best advice I ever offered on this forum)

----------------

On 6/16/2004 11:43:51 AM m00n wrote:

Ha.. Been a week and I still have not done a damn thing about it yet. Friggen busy scanning all the jeep forums at night.
4.gif

----------------

Forget scanning the Internet.Somebody's been scanning your yard.

Moongrass.jpggopher1.gif