OT: All Hail Henry Waxman!

----------------

On 6/11/2004 7:54:51 AM boomac wrote:

John, (Audible Nectar)

A comment on this post please!

On 6/10/2004 6:25:52 PM Fini said:

"Why is it that the goof-ball Republican wackos always have to spoil a good thread with baby talk? Oh well...go suck your thumb..."

===========================================================================

We should be fair and balanced, no?

----------------

I thought I was being "fair and balanced" (SO ironic Fox News uses that one...at least we have Franken), when I responded to:

ALL HAIL THE GREAT TED COWARDY, JOHN SCARY AND NANCY BALONEY LEADERS OF THE DEMOCRAPTIC PARTY!

OK, not "baby talk." 2nd grade name-calling. I'm phoning your parents.

boomac,

I appreciate what you're doing, I do the same on this side (I really do).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fini, I'm off to Indy. Wish you and Allan were going to be there. We could have our own version of Crossfire. If we ever do get together, I'll promise not to invite Rush if promise not to invite Al. Have a good weekend and make sure I have a lot to read when I get back on Sunday.

"A comment on this post please!

On 6/10/2004 6:25:52 PM Fini said:

"Why is it that the goof-ball Republican wackos always have to spoil a good thread with baby talk? Oh well...go suck your thumb..."

===========================================================================

We should be fair and balanced, no?"

In all fairness, yes.

Albeit in response to yet another inflammatory comment, Fini's comment only stoops to the level of the comment that he was responding to. That's no way to get anywhere, it just fans the flames. While I often agree with Fini's political leanings, I don't agree with the method of delivery here.

In regards to Fish's comments, he lost it with me when he dropped the "Chicken s#.." label on us. If there is a logical reason for your dislike of Mr. Waxman, I would be more than interested in your reasoning.....but the name calling does little to help me understand your position.

Resist the urge to blame the namecalling on the fact that this thread is political.....all you must do is look up in 2 channel right now, and you'll see that politics doesn't need to be the subject in order for things to get personal.

I urge all of you....regardless of subject, please keep arguments to an intelligent and well reasoned level. We will all be better of, and better educated, for it.

Why is it when the left name calls, defames, slings mud, distorts issues, and lies it is called "free speech" but when the right does it, it is HATE SPEACH?

I have tried very hard to stay out of the political comments. My views are to the right of center but not at the far right. I happen to think that Ronnie will go down as one of the best presidents we have ever had, a strong moral compass, you knew where he stood whether you liked it or not, a man with so much respect for the office he held that he wouldn't even enter the office without wearing a suit and a voice of hope for a weary nation.

Clinton on the other hand was a bald face liar with no moral compass at all. He drug the presidency down to the level of the trailer trash he got BJS from in the oval office closet.

When the right tries to place good people in positions of power, like the courts for instance we are accused of "packing the court" while the libs can put any low life they wish, in those positions as long as they will abuse the power that they have to "advance the cause" by usurping the will of the people for the advancement of "rights" that don't exist, degrading society as a whole.

Yes my statements support my views, I for the most part have not name called, chided anyone on the board or put anyone on the board down. Sometimes when we feel passionately about something we fail to see that the people with views that differ from our own feel just as passionate about their views and causes.

That I think is where both sides need to come together. It is only when we validate the principals that our "opponents" have that we can come to some mutual understanding and compromise. As long as heated rhetoric is flying, reason stays grounded.

• Moderators

Enough!

Political threads will not be tolerated. They will be closed down as soon as they are spotted. Repeat offenders will be banned.

Harsh, maybe, but the problem is no one is going to change anyone's opinion, and politics just cause arguments and bad feelings between forum members. We don't need any more of that here. It's bad enough you guys argue over what sounds the best, which is as equally useless.