OT: All Hail Henry Waxman!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda reminds me of how Bush's guys are trying to call customer service jobs given to foreign countries (like India) "exports" to make the trade deficit look pretty.

----------------

On 6/10/2004 5:47:04 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

I'll say this about Waxman: He is 1000x more active than John Kerry ever was. Maybe more.

----------------

Probably better he stay in the House where he can do some real work, instead of the White House where it's mostly "Spin City." Or, maybe a cabinet position...

----------------

On 6/10/2004 6:13:00 PM neo33 wrote:

ALL HAIL THE GREAT TED COWARDY, JOHN SCARY AND NANCY BALONEY LEADERS OF THE DEMOCRAPTIC PARTY!
----------------

Now that was a bit frothy don't you think?

And what does your post have to do with the subject?

"Why is it that the goof-ball Republican wackos always have to spoil a good thread with baby talk? Oh well...go suck your thumb..."

Who's the name-calling for?

BTW, sucking thumb can sometimes cure the silliness.

Worked as an aid on Capitol Hill for 8 years, yes for Democrats and proud of it. That's not my point. Even his enemies (and there's a bunch of them) on the other side never, and I mean never, faulted his work ethic, competance and integrity.

One of the most sterling examples of the "best and brightest" this country has produced.

----------------

On 6/10/2004 6:39:32 PM neo33 wrote:

"Since when is truth BS?"

Truth? What truth? More like political rhetorics!----------------

You didn't even read the article! Nothing rhetorical about it. Waxman pushed them hard about the claims and they admitted that the numbers were more than just a little bit wrong. I guess what pisses me off is that I remember the big press conference when they announced the original (WRONG) numbers and bragged about how the Bush policies were working and that we were "winning the war on terror." Now that the numbers are a crock does that mean we are NOT "winning the war on terror?" If there was any rhetorical BS it came straight from the State Dept. on 4/29.

Hey Scott--sorry that this pisses you off. You're a thoughtful, intelligent and perceptive guy and in no way does your thinking I'm full of crap change that!

At least we see eye-to-eye about Joe Henderson and Duke Pearson!

A lunch bucket democrat named James M. Hanley. Irish undertaker turned pol, elected in the Johnson landslide of '64. Only dem ever elected from Syracuse except for a one termer when Teddy Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party split the upstate Republican vote early in the century. Superb guy, sadly passed away last year. Also a big city pol by the name of Ed Towns from Brooklyn. Last saw him at a prayer service shortly after 9/11. I was working Brooklyn Heights that day helping a friend of mine running for Borough President (9/11 was primary day in New York). Saw the second tower get hit and watched both of them go down. Horrible sight to see. Watched the overpressure blow people out the windows as the towers came down. Anyway the primary was cancelled so I went back up a couple of weeks later to help out. Couldn't campaign obviously, so all we did was go to funerals for firemen and police my friend knew, and attend community prayer meetings. Ed's grooming his son to replace him but his District demos are trending hispanic and I'm not sure what will happen when he retires.

Anyway, way off the off topic topic. Henry is one of only three or four Dems in the House (Dave Obey comes to mind) that the Republicans are positivly scared of, because they are so damn good at what they do. On health care alone nobody can touch him. A wonk will superb political skills a deadly combination when the idealogues of any stripe try to run crummy bills through the Body.