Adcom Vs Aragon Vs Outlaw Audio

cdsang

I have been thinking of upgradeing something. I listen to music alot so I was thinking a nice amp would be a good idea. To let you know what I am compareing what to what here, I am looking at the Aragon 2005,Adcom GFA-7700 and the Outlaw 755. I realize the Aragon is much more expensive, but was wondering if it was better and if it is, how much better. Just for now, I am gathering information to see what I would like to buy next as a projecter is also on my wish list.

CD

I never have heard argon or outlaw, but I have heard several different adcom amps on Klipsch speakers, and adcom is kind of harsh. Check out other two close before you buy adcom, sunfire sounds real good on horn type speakers, good luck with your search for an amp,Rob

I know IndyKlipschFan runs Aragon with Klipsch and he's extremely happy with the combo.

I've not heard Adcom or Outlaw but have read on the net where the newer Adcoms and Outlaw lean toward bright for what's that's worth.

I'm running B&K myself and am very happy but it's also more expensive than Outlaw or Adcom. 1.gif

Well, I am honestly looking for nutral amp. So that makes Outlaw and Adcom a bad choice in this case. I realize I didn't state this before, but I don't want to spend more then $2000 USD. My other ideas were the Parasound HCA-2205AT or the Parsound HALO A52. I think someone said that the Parasound HALO sounded netral. Thank you for your answer so far.

CD

If you're going neutral a lot of people on this forum like how NAD matches up with Klipsch (their known for a neutral/flat/laid back type of approach to component building. Onkyo and Denon also get a lot of mentions. Try a search in the upper right hand corner and you should uncover a wealth of information. Let su know how it turns out.

I wouldn't call Denon the "choice", it may be fan favorite here, but Marantz is nothing to frown about....musically for a A\V Receiver, Denon doesn't touch Marantz (ie turntable, DVD Audio), it covers the true highs, mids, and lows.

Any A\V Receiver can do Home Theatre soundfields(DTS, Dolby, NEO6)....who can reproduce music...I rest my case....IMO 2.gif

The newer Adcom is nice gear, seen and heard it...they still have problems with the pre-amp\processor...

Well, thanks to Rudy81 for some info he gave me, I was able to talk to a dealer that gave some really good prices and advice. I am looking at getting a Parasound A52 and if I can, I will try to get the Parasound C2 Preamp. I have read the manual that I downloaded it it has alot of features. I have been told that Klipsch and Parasound Halo make a great match. Thank you for all your help. Just to let you all know, I did look at B&K amps as weel as Sunfire, Aragon,Krell(just for fun)and Nad. But I haven't heard any of these. The dealer that Rudy told me about is half way across the country and no one close enough caries any of the brands I just talked about. So I am basicly going on blind but educated guess here. I did talk to the dealer about Aragon and Nad and he said Parasound is a better match for Klipsch as other Klipsch owners were happy with it as well. I did however tell him what I was looking for, so I think this is not a bad choice.

CD

Piranha... "Exactly. I must admit that I was not overly impressed with any of the Aragon product demos this weekend. To my ears IndyKlipschFan's Aragon HT setup sounded much better than anything I heard over at HQ."

Wow, Thanks!! I happen to think it is a pretty killer system too. Sometimes it does take getting the products to your house though to really appreciate them. I also agree Klipsch had to listen a lot to the Aragon products with the newer Klipsch lineup, as well as the older Heritage speakers too. And I can say this, too, it sounds great with BOTH!

----------------

On 6/15/2004 12:27:08 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Piranha... "Exactly. I must admit that I was not overly impressed with any of the Aragon product demos this weekend. To my ears IndyKlipschFan's Aragon HT setup sounded much better than anything I heard over at HQ."

Wow, Thanks!! I happen to think it is a pretty killer system too. Sometimes it does take getting the products to your house though to really appreciate them. I also agree Klipsch had to listen a lot to the Aragon products with the newer Klipsch lineup, as well as the older Heritage speakers too. And I can say this, too, it sounds great with BOTH!
----------------

No thanks necessary. I am just trying to be honest with my opinions. And I am sorry if anyone is offended by them. That's not my intention. As Damon mentions above, I also may not be used to the sound in treated environments.

Your sub made it seems as if the floor was moving up and down during the pelican scene on Finding Nemo. It was totally mindboggling. OK, I have to admit, in a way it kind of startled me. Being from So Cal I tend to get a bit jumpy when the house starts to rock. 2.gif