My New KHorns

consistent

Hi All,

I have finally received my new AK4 '04 Mahogany Horns. All the way from Hope to Australia's West. People think I am mad, maybe I am but WOW what a punch! I had forgotten how they excite every mode in a room. I'm gonna have to treat the room more than I have currently. I have used some modal calculators but most ignore what a cornder horn is about. I note that the Atlas mid driver is back. How does it compare to the EV? Is the Tweeter still the EV? My kids can't believe these beasts and like any beast I have to tame them in my small 13' x 16' x 8.5' (thereabouts) room. I would welcome any comment or help. Maybe I best talk to an acoustic expert first? One thing I have noticed is that they don't like curtains along the wall where they sit in each corner. Anyhow, I am dusting off all my jazz & rock albums that will now produce the artists right before my eyes!

Catch your all later.

Cheers.

Hear me, hear me.

You'll need 60 to 100 hours on those networks before you hear what you really have. It took mine almost three weeks to completely open up. Leave your room alone for now and just play them.

Congratulations -- aren't they great!!

Congratulations! And welcome to the klipsch family.

The first room I had my '98 k-horns (AK-3) in was 13x16, too, although one short end did open up to the rest of the house. I had very good sound in that room, although there was a bit too much of a good thing (50hz bass).

Let's see some pictures!

Great idea Dave97! I must admit from Heresy's to Forte II's, then a stint with Mirage and now back to Klipsch and the Horns sends me into a bit of a spin! Note swapping would help and anybody else's notes also welcomed. Congrats!

I had a set of 77 k-horns in a 12x14 room with 8` ceiling with 2 adcom 555-2`s bridged mono, and it was unreal, CRANK EM UP! Try listening to pink floyed the wall disc from start to finish with your amp near its peak, youll almost fall asleep with a smile on your face.

Paulparrot:

Its only been about 45 days from the day I ordered. They weren't supposed to be here for two more weeks, but I got "the call" this weekend. I guess I timed it right; I was told Heritage speakers are manufactured in batches as enough orders pile up to warrant building several at one time.