Considering purchasing some Forte II's

I found someone in my area selling some Forte II's for $250. The only problems I see with them is that they don't have serial numbers sheets attached to the back and they don't have the platforms that came with them (see attached pic). Do you think this is still a good deal for these speakers???

I'm looking for my first pair of Klipsch speakers. My dad owns a pair of Belle's and K-Horns and has owned Heresey II's in the past so I'm already a big Klipsch fan.

post-15414-1381925602392_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/15/2004 4:37:44 PM mark1101 wrote:

Am I correct in saying that the serial #s are stamped into the wood on those models? Not sure.

But great price.----------------

I don't believe they were stamping at the time of the Forte II. My 84 CW and Heresy's are not stamped, but my 77 CW and Heresy's are. I believe they stopped doing it right before they went to MDF. Maybe HDBRBuilder can shed some light here?

If you can - get them!!!! I hooked my pair up last night, and the Clarity is Fantastic............at 250.00 you can't go wrong, and in the future-IF- you want to sell them, you will easily get your money back!

----------------

On 6/15/2004 4:53:04 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Buy'em if you have a chance. I know I have a pair I'll never part with.[img

I have a pair of Forte II and they are very impressive. For $250 you can't go wrong. If you don't like them I'll give you $300 for them.

Bill. Thanks for the ride on Saturday. You had the Forte in the back of the van. Are they II or the original?

Best,

Gil

Congratulations!

Now all you need is an amp that matches them!

I was listening to my Heresy's with the HK430 dring them last night. What a beautiful sound at a rock bottom price. No kidding. I believe I paid about 80 bucks (with shipping). The combo is really sweet. Can you do better? Of course. But before you go blowing wads of cash and start jumping from one promised Nirvana to the next, try this.

If nothing else, the HK430 will give you a benchmark or if you will, a great starting point.

BTW there are plenty of other really good SS amps out there.

The Fortes should sound even better than my Hereseys with the HK430.

Enjoy the Fortes!!!

Before spending gobs of money on a receiver I'd say try the HK. If you feel it's not enough, or not what you are looking for then I'd start looking at tubes. I tried 3 different new SS amps over the last couple of years before finally giving up on SS. No, I didn't try everything out there, (who can?) but what I heard did not make me happy.

Old SS will probably work better than new, otherwise it's tubes.

My recommendation is to listen to them with what you have for now. You might enjoy them just the way they are without having to spend any more money.

Oh, and don't read anymore on audio forums. They will bleed your wallet dry.2.gif

Congrats on the score! You can easily get your money back on them if you ever loose your mind and decide to sell them2.gif I love my Fortes till death do us part, or nearly so3.gif

A word to the wise, take the advice about not looking on audio forums any more! You will sink into the upgradeitties if you don't! Listen to what you have for now and save a little coin for a nice tube amp when the golden opertunity comes along1.gif

2ndGen

Once Klipsch started building speakers out of MDF, they stopped stamping SN's in the cabs and just had them on the labels that were stapled to the rear.

For $250, a nice bargain, I would buy them even if some drivers were blown!!! Get them before someone else does.

JM