Sad day for those who leave and even sadder for those who stay

anarchist

I too have been thinking about leaving, not that anyone would care. I took some time off from another board that I used to frequent because of the amount and type of moderation. Over time that board became a collection of sycophants thanks to the heavy handed moderation. Any dissention was deemed bad and the poster would recieve warning PM's or would be shouted down by the chosen few.

After a few months of moderation the board became a collection of "yes" men with one will and one opinion which robbed newbies (myself included) of learning opportunities not to mention that it made it a very boring place to hang out.

It would be a major disservice to the klipsch community if that happened here.

I have been waiting to see how much moderation Klipsch thinks will be necessary.

If it were me the only rules needed should be:

1.) No hassling other members about their systems. Everyone would like to have the ultimate system, but everyone's situation is different based on what they consider ultimate and what they can offord.

2.) No name calling. Not to tough this one.

3.) Dissention that keeps on topic with the thread title is fine. Major dissention that causes the thread topic to be derailed should be started in it's own thread. Eg, the merits of PP vs the merits of SET should be two topics in two different threads and especially not to be discussed under the topic "FS:".

4.) One screen name per member.

These are pretty simple rules. Any infractions would result in a short suspension. Multiple infractions would result in banning.

-Kyhl

Edit, 5.) No politics. It is tough to separate politics from music since a lot of music is political commentary, but that does not mean political views should be debated on a music forum. It is a fine line to walk so best to stay away from it.

P.S. How many screen names does Ryan need?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello:

So we now have a moderator. That's good.

But it just seems like a case of we can't argue anymore so we'll leave.

We all nail in a negative post. That's a part of self policing. If it's a case of SET vs PP vs SS or tube vs SS we can argue that until they close the lid on our coffin.

Same thing with Speakers. I've owned Klipsch since the early 1970s. Could it be a possibility that they see the Heritage line as going defunct? Two (2) channel going defunct?

I'm sorry to say this Amy, but it's beginning to feel that Klipsch and every other major Company is throwing two (2) channel out. Or Companies are going two (2) way speakers and the way "everybody does it" - causing a need or perceived need for subs.

There is no need to have a sub. That's personal taste. Go to a concert now - the "kick" drum and the bass seem to overshadow the singer and and solo, be it guitar, organ, piano, whatever.

For those of us looking to invest for retirement - hearing aid manufacturers. The high db, high wattage, rattle your windows as they drive by will create a great need for the hearing aids.

I've lived through explosions caused by fire, car wrecks, .38 cal. & 9mm or 45 shots. None have exhibited the bass and volume at your local theater or HT set up,

So a bunch are leaving - well, we can't control that. We all take a break. But I'd love to read the behind the posts PMs or emails to see the real reason for leaving.

dodger

Strabo,

Nothing remotely like what you describe in your first paragraph is going on here. There certainly isn't heavy-handed moderation. But something had to be done. It's simple really: It's a matter of how the Forum presents Klipsch, whether a newbie seeing it for the first time would leave and never come back (and forget about buying Klipsch speakers) because of the environment, or whether he would be impressed by all the help he can receive just for the asking.

----------------

On 6/18/2004 7:37:10 AM paulparrot wrote:

Strabo,

Nothing remotely like what you describe in your first paragraph is going on here. There certainly isn't heavy-handed moderation.

----------------

That remains to be seen.

----------------

But something had to be done

----------------

Be careful what you wish for. The mass exodus forced or voluntary may leave this place very one dimensional.

----------------

It's a matter of how the Forum presents Klipsch, whether a newbie seeing it for the first time would leave and never come back (and forget about buying Klipsch speakers) because of the environment, or whether he would be impressed by all the help he can receive just for the asking.

----------------

True. This site belongs to Klipsch, and they can do with it what they like. Everyone wins if it promotes klipsch products. Everyone loses if it does not. I do not think a one dimensional view helps them promote their product.

• Moderators

The only posts I delete or close are the political ones for reasons I have already given, and the flame wars.

Why is this such a big deal? Are those two things that you just can't stay away from? If you enjoy arguing and insulting each other, take it to private messaging so the rest of us don't have to witness it.

----------------

On 6/17/2004 11:11:25 PM Welcome to the Holy Trinity Forum wrote:

----------------

On 6/17/2004 10:46:16 PM AK-4 wrote:

They could at least have showed
a little
consideration and offered up explanation.

-----------------------------------------

----------------

Right on Holy Trinity Forum. The Butcher the Baker and the Candlestick.

I'm with Craig on the "fini factor". Go figure. I figured a pipefitter to be tougher skinned than that, I know here at the shop there is constant bantering, name calling and off-handed insults, none of which are taken seriously, but in a forum such as this it's a lot tougher to know when someone is teasing and when they're serious.

----------------

On 6/18/2004 2:07:44 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

I'm with Craig on the "fini factor". Go figure. I figured a pipefitter to be tougher skinned than that, I know here at the shop there is constant bantering, name calling and off-handed insults, none of which are taken seriously, but in a forum such as this it's a lot tougher to know when someone is teasing and when they're serious.

----------------

Hello:

The Gimp again.

In writing it is difficult to tell the off hand joke from the cutting remark.

But in a Forum with numerous people and moods it does become very difficult.

I know I have a warped sense of humour, but I know (usually jast a second after submitting) that what I just noted was a joke or not.