A best insult competition?

Colin

The last Clint Eastwood thing reminded me of one of my favorites. I won't get the quote just right and am not going to look it up, but the gist is there...

Winston Churchill was puffing his cigar and sipping port after a state dinner. A particularly snooty ol blueblood was sitting next to him and detested smoking in general and cigars in particular. He'd ignored her insults though the evening, until she leaned over to him and said "If I were married to you, I'd put poison in that port." Winston immediately leaned back over towards her and said out loud, "My dear lady, if I were married to you, I'd drink it."

However, my favorite audiophile insult is "Those are really GREAT sounding loudspeakers!"

Think about it...

Dave

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/24/2005 9:39:47 PM 126mhz wrote:

I've always been a Clint Eastwood fan.

At the beginning of The Outlaw Josie Wales Eastwood is cooling his heals in a dirty small town's jail. A local middle aged woman asked the jailer if she can look at the prisoner, and the jailer let's her.

As she stands in front of the bars she is clearly disgusted and says: "If I were a man I'd thrash you. To which Eastwood stands up and slowly walks over to the woman and says: "If you weren't wearing a dress I'd think you were a man you ugly old wart."

Bill Woodward

----------------

at the beginning of the outlaw josey whales clint is plowing his feild with his mule and the redlegs come in and burn his house and rape and kill his wife and kill his son, that is when he becomes an outlaw and joins bloody bills raiders, who all but whales turn themselves in and all get murdered by the union army, i think the name of the movie you are referring to is hang em high. 10.gif Joe

I went to the lunch before the Outback Bowl in Tampa several years back and it was Penn State versus Auburn (my alma mater). The lunch was like a roast with great jokes back and forth.

Terry Bowden was the Auburn coach and he is VERY short. They told a riddle:

What is one foot long and one foot off the ground?

Terry Bowden's tie

Now this one had me laughing out loud

-------------------------------------------

Amy posted: "Ugh, I thought this thread had finally died."

-------------------------------------------

way to throw down Amy! so descrete that I (and others?) could have easily mistook it for the orbiting shuttle, LOL