This Forum Needs a Good Gun Discussion.....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AK4- As much as I like NP3 I wouldn't expect it to be clean on the surface anymore when you get it back. The tiny bead-like material (o.k. it looks like some chocolate covered nutty candy bars when magnified) tends to hold on to dirt when it gets wiped off. Try spraying it with something like Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber and let it drip-dry. Just a thought.

I just sent my Walther PPK/S out to Cylinder & Slide to have a complete CCW package done to it. Should get it back around mid-August.

How many do I have? Hmmmm...let's see. I'm pretty sure it's around 18. But then again I was a Class I dealer for about 13 years at my first job.9.gif

I have a Sig Sauer P226 but my favorite is a Walther PPK. That's if I don't take the old Colt SAA into account. I had a great rig made for the Colt by a guy out in Montana but during the 2 year wait, (for it to be completed) my darn stomach grew too much and I never have been able to wear it. For home protection, the safe and alarm make up the front line protection with the dog and a basic 870 as linebackers. The wife and kids are safties but two of them can hit like Ronnie Lott.

Between my dad and I about 20.

Only a couple antique non functional reveolvers.

Mostly pump shotguns, 22s and deer rifles.

If I ever stop buying audio...

-.357 revolver

-.45 auto

-.375 H&H for brown bear rug collecting

I do not like little stuff

I've got an older Remington 870, given to me by my ex-brother in law cause he had WAY too many guns and I had none. That was like 10 years ago and I still haven't fired a shell through it.

However, I did nearly get shot last weekend!! I was just pulling into a spot I wanted to fish, and I heard a loud BOOM like a cannon going off. This wouldn't have surprised me, since the guys house who I was in front of, out about 200 yards off shore, has a small cannon that he and another guy across the lake, who also has a small cannon, have contests with to see who can make the loudest BOOM. Except, just as I was shutting off the motor and drifting up to my area, right after I heard the BOOM, I heard/saw a bullet skipping across the lake about 50 feet behind me, or where I had just been 10 seconds ago! His wife works with mine, and we're buds, so I shouted up to the house "YOU NEED TO BE A BETTER SHOT THAN THAT!" or some such thing, expecting him to hollar back, but I neither saw nor heard any action on the shore, except for a big cloud of smoke drifting off in the breeze. I told my wife about it when I got in, she asked his wife about it the next day at work, story I got from him is that he was shooting at a beaver that's been messing with his shoreline, had a bead on it with a muzzleloader and didn't notice me pulling in in the background. Took the shot, missed, then saw me. Said he ran into the house as fast as he could to hide and told his wife "SHET!! I NEARLY SHOT CRAIG!!" We've talked about it since then and had a good laugh, the ball was skipping low enough it would have just hit the side of the boat and not me, but it was quite the eye-opening experience!

AK4-

I guess the finish doesn't really get dirty but yet "holds on" to the dirt that is being wiped off by the little microscopic bumps that the finish. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful finish and slippery as hell but just needs a different type of care. BTW- did you have a trigger job done to that gun yet? If so, I would ask if the sear and hammer will/will not be treated too. If they are that could result in a lighter trigger pull wich you may or may not want. Just a thought...

I'm looking for an article entitled "NP3 Miracle Finish of the 90s" by Mark Moritz from a 1991 American Handgunner magazine but I can't seem to locate it.

Maybe when you wipe it off just use either a brand new silicone cloth or a an old T-shirt.

Champagne-

That would have been an interesting site telling people you were "torpedo-ed" by a neighbor. 3.gif10.gif6.gif

Man....an 870 Wingmaster. I still can't believe I don't have one of those. Closest thing I bought was an 11/87 Premier 12/26" when they still had the heavy contour of the bbl. I've got about ten rounds through it only because it's a the first year production (Aug. 87').