Klipsch AA crosovers

artto

AK-4,

This is the first post from ME reguarding the responce or lack of from AL. It is not a stand alone statement, but a statement of fact describing MY personal experiences with this matter. I really DO NOT care what YOU are tried of! Even if it were a case of addressing it in every post, how is it YOUR job to pontificate to another GUEST of this site? I responded to Arttos post with info based on MY experience. If you don't like a responce then don't read it. Good luck on your quest Artto.

Roy

That post was inresponce to BEC networks. That being said, facts are that there was never a responce, so I purchased the BEC networks. That is the beauty of free trade. If service is bad then one can take there buying power elsewhere. I am sure AL does a great job. But MY attemted transaction was less than responsive.

FAR FROM EVERY POST AS AK-4 states.

But 100% agreement with the BEC product!!!!!

16.gif

Pontificating? I guess I'm prone to that somewhat, but not in those four short sentences. I'm sorry I exaggerated your post count on the matter -- but your tone was harsh, and you really didn't have to say it the way you did. Then you came back again with inference to his "bad service". Take it easy on the guy, he works hard for us.

AK,

I am glad he has did a good job for you. I am sure his product is a good option. That is why there are many other options in a free trade world.

I did not respond to Arttos post to complain about bad service. I only wanted to provided my run in with his delima (ie: to upgrade or not). I did not mean to sound harsh, but the facts are the facts. That is why i bought the BEC product.

Al,

If mulitiple emails are "not trying hard enough" to contact you, then you are right, I did not try hard enough. With that in mind I am glad the transaction or lack of was a blessing. ALWAYS is a pretty arrogant statement when replying a guy who tried to work with you. For a supplier to take that position with a potential coustomer (who sent the email) is quite a new twist in coustomer service. I can only say that I would not have coustomers with that kind of policy. As I said before, I am sure you make a good product. But I will not beg or chase someone to buy there product.

OK.....PEACE GUYS!!!. I had no idea this would turn into some kind of fight. Amy knows I prefer to reserve that kind of behavior for myself (LOL).

Just for the record I had no idea BEC made replacement crossovers. And Al has always responded reasonably promptly to my emails.

Right now, for the moment, I was just looking into an inexpensive way to bring my 76 Khorns/79 Belle, back up to spec (or possibly better) as I have enough projects going on around the house to eat up big bucks real fast in addition to my audio priorities which are 1) continue this fourth revision of acoustic improvements in my room, 2) replace the SACD player which is probably going to set me back a few grand for a Shanling SCD-T200 3)get a new arm, Moerch DP-4 and Decca Jubilee pickup, also a few grand.

As we all know with electronics, replacing old caps are often one of the first and least expensive places to start with improvements. O&P caps are known for drying out after several decades (although the ones in my Luxman amps still seem to be fine-no noise or distortion) so I figured this might be a good place to start. I just figured I'd try swapping out some caps before I go to a full upgrade, and actually I'd just like to see if new caps would make a difference and if so, how much. As many of you probably aware, I'm not big advocate of mods or constantly swapping equipment to improve overall system performance. IMO if the room ain't right, you're not going to hear the real magnitude of any of those changes anyway.

Thanks for all the input.

BTW, should I form the new caps before installing them? And if so, how do I do this? Use a variac?

HAVE NICE AND SAFE holiday!

artto,

I condition the caps that I use in my new crossovers and the ones I use to rebuild customers crossovers with 85 VDC for about 15 minutes. I am not sure it would make any difference on the ones I am using since the company that makes them supposedly tests them to 1.5 X rated voltage before shipping but I cook them awhile anyway. One of those things that can't hurt and may help. As far as the type or brand to buy, I have my preference based on my testing and listening and Dean and AL have their preferences.

Bob Crites

Artoo,

Do NOT do anything to caps before you use them. Just hook them up and enjoy! Certainly do NOT connect them across an AC source like a variac! What Bob does is most likey for quality control. I simply test each one for value and loss as I pair up matched sets.

BTW:

Bob (BEC) makes exact Klipsch "clone" ballancing networks (The A and AA). My networks are my own design and are quite different.

Al K.