My humble system!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your wonderful system with us. Your Cornwalls are beauties, and your modded ST-70 is georgous! Bet you can't wait to get that back. What person or firm is doing the Dynaco restoration and modifications? The chrome job is like new. What electrical components were added, and what are the total results to your tube amp?

Hi jt1stcav,

The person whos is doing it is John Vaughn out of Arkansas. He does audio and guitar amp gear. He's been doing it for over 20 years. He's great. He also has his own line of tube audio gear phono preamps, amps , preamps, and such. Very nice and knowledgable person. The chrome is the original chrome I had he just shined it up a bit. I dont know all the parts names but he will be sending me a detailed list. He basically rebuilt it from the ground up using the original iron only. Thanks and take care.2.gif

LOL! Ok Edwin will do!2.gif Yeah I cant wait to get the amp. Ive purchased the Cornwalls since the amp has been gone so it will be awesome to hear them with the tubes as they were intended. The sound great with my parasound amp that Im using now but I think they will do very well with the tube amp.9.gif

Yes, I agree, horns and tubes are made for each other. But that doesn't mean to say you can't run horns and solid state together which I'm doing at the moment - my tube Jolida is getting fixed. A friend told me the difference between tube and solid state was something like with a tube the music signal is being processed in a vacumn. The solid state processes the signal through solid matter. He asked what method of signal processing will sound better? Yeah, I worked out what he was getting at so that's why I went tube.

----------------

On 7/2/2004 9:03:17 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Beautiful amp!!!! It should sound nice on your system.

I took it on myself to repost your picture. Hope you don't mind.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/cbsys.jpg" border="0">

Rick

----------------

How do you do that? I mean posting a picture straight on your post without having to attach a file so people have to download? I tried this morning for my system and I couldn't do it?

edwin,

there's special way to insert a string of code into a post to display a pic. It basically can't be posted because the the BB software will interpret it as code and try to display whatever is mentioned in it.

If you use web-based email or even Outlook your email program will do the same thing.

I can send you a plain text file as an attachment so you can see how it works. I have a pre-made one that I've been sending out to people for a couple years. If you want it send me your email address to tmoble at cox daught net after fixing the address like a real address and I will send it to you.

The only thing you've got to be careful of is the size, the whole thing downloads eveytime so it sort of kills the guys using dialup access if the pics are big.

I was guilty of this in the Heresy's for sale thread started by triceratops, I should have downloded the pics and shrank them, but I didn't have time.

Nice looking Dynaco. It looks like your tech is using the upgrades from Joe Curcio. These are great upgrades and reasonably priced. I have an ST-70, which still needs to be redone. I will probably get the PS cap upgrade that fits under the chassis, but that is just my preference.

Ned, at Triode ELectronics has been out of his boards for the Dynacos.

Marvel

http://www.curcioaudio.com