Wal*Mart selling RCA 50" DLP!

kenratboy

I was at the Wal*Mart, and took a swing thru electronics. They have a array of widescreen HDTV CRT's, widescreen HDTV CRT rear projectors - and most surprising, a 50" RCA DLP for $3,000! It is obvious Wal*Mart is trying to get serious. This store (near my house) is very nice, and I will see what they have in the next few months.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be nicer WalMarts around, but the one near me is VERY creepy. Smells funny, never an isle clear of pallets of product to go on shelves (and no one ever there stocking...), and the most bizarre customers.

----------------

On 7/4/2004 7:06:58 AM fini wrote:

There must be nicer WalMarts around, but the one near me is VERY creepy. Smells funny, never an isle clear of pallets of product to go on shelves (and no one ever there stocking...), and the most bizarre customers.

----------------

If that's the case I stopped by the Walmart in Roswell, New Mexico 2 years ago while on vacation. The customers wandering the halls prove that we are not alone.6.gif

Well, while 'my' local Wal*Mart is surrounded by homes ranging from $250,000 - $10,000,000+, there is still a lot of 'wierd' people that come out and shop. Know one knows where they come from, but come they do, and they fill their carts with hundreds of dollars of supplies.

Wierd stuff. Everyone is welcome at Wal*Mart, no matter how rich or poor you are 9.gif

----------------

----------------

Fini, you are talking about yourself, right?4.gif

----------------

On 7/5/2004 6:40:19 AM rtaylor wrote:

----------------

----------------

Fini, you are talking about yourself, right?
4.gif

----------------

Well, naturally! You know, it's funny: I stop by a few of the thrift shops in town here on a pretty regular basis, and I see a lot of the same customers every time I'm there. Geeze, I even know the names of about half a dozen of 'em! Of course, if one of those other customers happens to be someone who goes for the same crap as I do (LPs, audio ), I look at them and think, "Geeze, that guy is ALWAYS here! Doesn't he have something else to do?" Of course, I wouldn't be seeing him there if I weren't there, too. He's probably thinking the same thing about me...

----------------

On 7/4/2004 12:32:23 AM jdm56 wrote:

I'm not too good to buy from Wally-World. I just wish LCD and DLP rear projectors would come down in price! I'd love to get a 50-60 incher to set on a shelf over my belle.

----------------

I haven't been in Wally*World since this past Christmas! I just simply don't like going into the one that is just down the road from my house. Too much traffic and too much crowds. When I got 5 supermarkets and a K-Mart and a Target all within the same area as the Wally*World, I just find myself not going there and going to the other places instead.

----------------

On 7/5/2004 3:51:30 AM white_shadow wrote:

I dont know which 10 million dollar neighborhood you are from, but in my 10 million dollar 'hood, the only things that are $250,000 are our cars!
----------------

The cheapest homes (condo's) that this Wal*Mart serves are about a quarter million, while a few miles away, in the hills, you can find $10 million homes.

Thats what I mean.

We do have expensive cars, though.

I think every forum member should get in on that fabulous deal on the 50 inch RCA DLP. Besides that, sitting on a bench in Wal-mart is a great place to watch people. While you are there you can have the convenience of prescriptions filled, oil changed, browse for gift shopping and see what fine seasonal offerings are out. Besides that, there has been a quality push and Wal-Mart personell are friendlier and more personable than ever. Go for it guys! What a great thread.

disclaimer: I am a Wal-Mart stockholder.

edit: used to work in Newport, AR where Sam Walton opened his first "five & dime".