Whats your dream system?

skillet2003

Thought this might be interesting to share these thoughs, I'll start with mine,

fronts-Onix Refrence 2

center-Onix Refrence 100

surrounds-Onix Refrence 1

sub(s)-SVS B4+

hopefully one day I can afford all this, but we shall see. of course, my dream system will probably change but for now this will do.

----------------

On 7/11/2004 11:13:48 PM skillet2003 wrote:

Thought this might be interesting to share these thoughs, I'll start with mine,

fronts-Onix Refrence 2

center-Onix Refrence 100

surrounds-Onix Refrence 1

sub(s)-SVS B4+

hopefully one day I can afford all this, but we shall see. of course, my dream system will probably change but for now this will do.

----------------

To be honost, I pretty much already have my dream system. RF-7s front, RS-7 surrounds (as well as RF-5s setup as a second set of surrounds for full-range duty), RC-7 in front and another in rear, all powered by a B&K amp.

I absolutly love the sound that this system produces, even compared to several other systems that I've listened to, including one with Martin-Logan speakers all the way around. However, I do want to eventually get a "better" pre/pro, but the Denon AVR-3802 is doing plenty good as is. I do want to keep my REL Storm III sub, as I've never heard anything more accurate and musical, but I certainly am jonesing for an SVS PB2-Ultra. But in the end, the next place where money will be spent is on a larger TV to replace the aging 32-inch Sharp that I currently have.

a bose lifestyle system nothing beats that. 9.gif11.gif14.gif no on the serious side. my dreams are listed below. I would really like and all klf-20 movie theater in my home, with a khorn two channel setup for music. or even better an all khorn home theater, and use it for music too.9.gif3.gif3.gif

----------------

On 7/12/2004 12:09:01 AM dantfmly wrote:

a bose lifestyle system nothing beats that.
9.gif11.gif14.gif

----------------

Ohhhh, a Bose Lifestyle. Oh how we all aspire to be able to get one of these with such an exquisit sound. So lush, so muddy, so boomy. Oh, makes me drool:

p_ls35_m_b.jpg

Oh I am not worthy, for I must stay in Klipsch Damnation. Oh, the sound, it is just so clear and dynamic, to the point its annoying. Gosh, the detail! I hate it when I can actually hear the pick against the guitar string or the actual drum-stick hitting the drum head! 11.gif

----------------

On 7/12/2004 12:20:27 AM skonopa wrote:

----------------

a bose lifestyle system nothing beats that.
9.gif11.gif14.gif

----------------

Ohhhh, a Bose Lifestyle. Oh how we all aspire to be able to get one of these with such an exquisit sound. So lush, so muddy, so boomy. Oh, makes me drool:

"<a
http://www.bose.com/images/home_entertainment/products/p_ls35_m_b.jpg">

Oh I am not worthy, for I must stay in Klipsch Damnation. Oh, the sound, it is just so clear and dynamic, to the point its annoying. Gosh, the detail! I hate it when I can actually hear the pick against the guitar string or the actual drum-stick hitting the drum head!
11.gif

----------------

ROTFLMAO. I've got tears in my eyes that so funny. 9.gif9.gif9.gif I think i will stay in klipsch damnation with you there.16.gif9.gif10.gif

DREAM SYSTEM:

Wilson Audio Alexandra X2's (front mains, center surrounds, back surrounds, and center channel)

Mark Levinson No.32 Preamp

2xKrell Master Reference Amplifier

4xSVS B4+

Runco MBX-1 DLP Projector.

A gigantic glass pane suspended with invisible wires from the ceiling which will be my pimp screen and all the ladies will be like "I want you."

My dream system? Eventually I'll have it up in my showroom... as soon as funding comes through....

Sound:

4 Khorns (R/L Front and Surround)

3 Belles (Center and R/L Surround Back)

Pinnacle SuperSonic sub

Bel Canto PrePro

7 Wright Sound AU70 monoblocks (70wpc KT-88 based)

Video:

Bel Canto Player

DVDO iScan HD scaler

EliteVision 9" CRT projector w/88 inch diagonal screen

Certainly there are other components I haven't sat down and considered - turntable, HD receiver, etc. I'd definitely build myself a sound server for most of my digital music listening, although the Player is an astounding piece of equipment for that purpose....

-------------------------------------------------------------

a bose lifestyle system nothing beats that. 9.gif11.gif14.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------

BAD!...BAD, DANTFMLY!!! GO TO YOUR ROOM! NO STEREO: 1 WEEK!! NEXT!9.gif2.gif -The "Sound Nazi"

Just kidding, as you were, of course, Jeremiah.

I'd would have to side with skonopa here and say that I, too am pretty close to having my "dream system" now (see system profile). I feel very fortunate to have had some very nice, although, lower-end systems over the years since my early twenties. I have been blessed with continuous employment (for the most part) and a very-understanding bride that appreciates how important music has always been to me. It was our mutual idea and agreement to build our theater and then fill it with quality componenets. We have both worked very hard to earn those things. The hard work makes one appreciate what they have even more, I think. Our trouble is that the two of us are so busy that it's difficult to find the time where we can both sit in the theater together to enjoy a film or two now and then.

We love sharing the basement theater with family and friends. But, we're discovering that owning a dedicated home theater is akin to owning a swimming pool; People like to try and "invite" themselves over to watch a movie all the time. And, of course, we don't mind at all. But, luckily, unlike a pool, it's not likey they will ever try to pee in it. We do have floor drains, however...just in case! 2.gif {Eeeeyew!}

But, as for a "dream system"; it's very hard for me to imagine my wanting to try and improve on the sound I'm hearing now from our Klipsch/Pioneer Elite system. It is wonderful!

I am pretty close to mine already. I had put together a hell of a nice 2-channel rig while stationed in Germany for 3 years and it was not until 2000 that I transitioned everything over to this HT thing. It took me about 4 years of buying, selling, trading to get what I have now. The only forseeable upgrade for me would be Khorns for the rears assisted by my current '62 vertical Cornwalls as rear effects/centers. If sounds pretty unreal right now though!

- Martin Logan Statement E2 x 4 ($200,000)

- Martin Logan Center (i dont even know which pairs with the statements) ($?????)

- No need for stinkin B4+ since wach Statement pair comes with 2 sub towers each with 8 12" driver for a grand total of 32 12" woofers in one room.

- Krell monoblocks for each. ($100,000)

I'm surprised most people are saying SVS B4, even though the Krell Master Reference Subwoofer has can hit alot lower f3 is at 14 hertz damnit, the b4 can go loud but not as deep as even a pinnacle everest. I'd say get 4 of them like the krell mrs website says for a super low lol

----------------

On 7/14/2004 11:49:59 PM Jay481985 wrote:

I'm surprised most people are saying SVS B4, even though the Krell Master Reference Subwoofer has can hit alot lower f3 is at 14 hertz damnit, the b4 can go loud but not as deep as even a pinnacle everest. I'd say get 4 of them like the krell mrs website says for a super low lol

----------------

I think youre crazy now, lol, jk

Honestly, I would be VERY happy with a RF-7/RC-7/RS-7 system with SVS subwooferage (PB2-Ultra or two) and Parasound to power and preamp the system. For the video aspect, maybe InFocus's new NON COLOR WHEEL DLP ($30,000) on a 100" screen, or whatever works. Nothing fancy, just a good, clean system. Obviously, it would be pushing $100,000k, but not wildly unreasonable if I saved my change in a 55 gallon drum.