Any sound difference between Forte and Forte II?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy the forte II then send the crossovers to dean for his " premier " ugrade package for $ 876.13 per speaker ( pre-paid of cource, plus shipping ) I've read reviews over at AA that deans the man for the job and some huge audio magazine is intrested in publishing his work .

So you better hurrry before the line gets to deep .

Main difference:

FORTE : MID FREQUENCY HORN: 90°x40° Exponential Horn

FORTE II: MID FREQUENCY HORN: 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn

Each type has it's supporters... but technically speaking the Tractrix features more advanced engineering to it. I have never heard them side by side... so can't really comment... but I'm sure the difference isn't night and day but noticable.

The Chorus II uses the same horn design as the Forte II.

Rob

PS: wow... you can really start alot of threads on the same purchase... 6.gif2.gif

----------------

On 7/15/2004 8:37:33 PM WhoozYoDaddy wrote:

Whats the sound difference between the Forte and the Forte II?? Which sounds more like a Chorus II?

----------------

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

Get up from your computer and go to some kind of stereo emporium and try all kinds of different speakers yourself. Whether I like Forte's or Forte II does not matter. It's the sound that YOU like. You should never decide on any kind of speakers based only on info on the forum. Your many posts are not helping your cause here. I don't mean to be rude but enough is enough.

Decide yourself!

Delano

Forgot to mention...

You may have also noticed that the Forte II uses a 15" passive radiator vs a 12" in the Forte. Since either can be tuned to the same frequency, this change was made mostly to avoid over excursion at high SPL

Rob

Be patient. Something will come up locally for you, especially since you're in a metro area.

Now here is the thing -- whether it's Fortes, IIs, Choruses, Heresies, Cornwalls, or whatever there is one thing you have to do.

GO LISTEN TO THEM.

You should take your amp and some of your favorite source material. Any decent seller should be amenable to this kind of audition. Anyone who isn't cooperative to even this degree isn't someone you want to deal with anyway.

Now you've gotten to the easy part. If you like them, buy them. Who cares if they're Chorus, Cornwall, Forte, Heresy, original or II. You're the one that lives with them. Fortes are my mains, though I really like the Heresies better, but who really cares, right? All that really matters is that you like what is in your room.

Here's the last thing I'm going to spew on this subject. I bought my Heresies when I was in college. The guy lived across town from me. I had Choruses shipped across the country six months ago. Huge mistake -- I haven't listened to them YET. Don't EVER ship Choruses across the country. A couple months ago I drove two hours each way to get my Fortes. Waiting is worth it. It's the only way to know you're getting what you want before you put your money down.

O

You spent so much time asking questions and debating with yourself you missed out on a deal. Neither the Forte' or Forte' II sound like the La Scala, the La Scala is totally horn loaded and the sound is much bigger. Just buy a pair of speakers already and get it done with! You will not be disappointed with either the Forte' or Forte' II!

----------------

On 7/16/2004 1:19:46 AM WhoozYoDaddy wrote:

K but just wondering. Last question. Which has smoother sound, Forte or Forte II? Which has a bigger sound? I searched to boards and couldent find an answer
5.gif

----------------

You're really making this a whole lot harder than it is. Listen to either one and buy it if you like it. If the opportunity arises to buy the other, and you decide you like it better, buy it and sell the first set. The market for these is such that unless you time things very badly, you won't lose money on the turn.

I'm with Frzninvt on this one, and that's what I was alluding to myself. Just freaking buy SOMETHING.

Having never heard either, I can only guess that the II might sound smoother, and in comparison, the original Forte is probably as little more forward in signature.

Dale, you're a dog - but you did leave an opening for a free plug: I can make the either a set of Fortes or Forte IIs a better pair of sounding speakers for about $180.

"You spent so much time asking questions and debating with yourself you missed out on a deal. Neither the Forte' or Forte' II sound like the La Scala, the La Scala is totally horn loaded and the sound is much bigger. Just buy a pair of speakers already and get it done with! You will not be disappointed with either the Forte' or Forte' II!"

What do you expect from a kid? Though you do learn a ton from asking a zillion questions. 3.gif.

"I can make the either a set of Fortes or Forte IIs a better pair of sounding speakers for about $180."

I think I'll stick to the motto: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!