FOOD FIGHT! What's Your Favorite Summer Side Dish

thebes

I realize this is a main dish but, TEX-MEX Fajitas (blackened steak & shrimp) made outdoors on the Barbie and served along with homemade pico di gallo.

.......And, COLD BEER, of course! 2.gif

Another awesome side dish I picked up while visiting my folks in South Texas, cream cheese stuff, bacon wrapped jalepeno peppers cooked on the grill!

Buy some good size raw jalepeno's at the store (if available), slice the tops off but leave enough meat on them to re-attach with toothpics, hollow out the seeds and veins with a paring knife, stuff with cream cheese (brick type, just slightly softened. Re-attach the tops the best you can with toothpics. Wrap them with a full piece of thin sliced bacon and secure with a toothpic. Grill until bacon gets brown and jalepeno is cooked. Enjoy with cold, cold beer and hopefully some real South Texas thin cut fajitas cooked over mesquite coals with fresh flour tortillas and homemade guacomole.

Man, now I'm hungry.

Frzninvt: They sell something similar to those things here, breaded, ready-made and frozen! They're called "Jalapeno Poppers". They have different fillings like sour cream, cream cheese or cheddar cheese and bacon, but they taste awesome! 3.gif

Hey, thanks a lot! Now I'm hungry, too! 7.gif

Rdmarsiii-

If you're goin' through Ohio again you absolutley HAVE to go through Cincinnati (where I'm at) and find a place that does Goetta. Tastes like sausage flavored fried oatmeal. Terrible for your heart (as well as the rest of the body) but what delicious food isn't? It's a summer OR winter food, great for breakfast.3.gif

We make a mean pot of chili too-