FS: JBL L300

Hello,

For sale I have a nice pair of working JBL L300. They are all original. They have been recently refoamed and have around 20 hours on them. I also have the original manual/paperwork that came with them.

Unfortunately I will not ship these. Local pick up only. I live in the Chicago suburbs. Email me if you have any questions or are interested.

Thanks.

Price: $1950

Alfredo Abate

L300_1.jpg

L300_2.jpg

L300_3.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are a great pair of speakers and they don't come up for sale too often! I really hate to get rid of them but I just don't have room for them. 8.gif

Of course weighing 145 pounds each there is no way I'm shipping these suckers. I'm sure if I would agree to ship they would of sold already (probably to someone in the East). Besides don't they already own enough of our vintage JBL, Altec and Klipsch speakers!

Alfredo

Dean---The L-300s are considered primo JBLs and have top-shelf components and build quality. Think of them as a Cornwall but with better quality parts and a nicer cabinet. And better bass and highs. And way kooler.

Alfredo is a pal of mine (recognize the A5 cabinets?) and I've heard the speakers, they sound most excellent, most excellent indeed. I'd buy them myself but even the 2000 square foot condo by the Lake I'm moving into, and the 19x14 room (with 10' ceilings) my gear willl be in, is kinda small for the speakers, that and I'd never use the volume they put out. And the Altec Boleros are sooo good. 2.gif And I have my "new" Altec 604 (just plain 604 baby) "Hollywood" to play with.

Smilin----The speakers are in Lombard.

They sound amazing. They have clarity and dynamics comparable to Cornwalls AND deeper, more powerful bass AND cleaner, more refined and extended highs. The slot horn tweeter used is the one some of the modders here go ga-ga over. And it's the model with the kool-man clear lucite phase-plug.

If I had a house and a room like yours I'd buy them, no lie, I wouldn't hesitate. The price is good, real good. Hell, I considered buying them myself despite the fact I've nowhere to use them.2.gif

Why da hello these haven't yet sold is beyond me. These are WONDERFUL speakers - in fact, I nearly bought a pair of these before finally going with the Belles (WAF edge goes to the Belle in my case). I still wouldn't mind owning a pair someday (or a set of S8R's3.gif), but I have insufficient funds for a third set of speakers - not really practical at this time. I have always had a love for the old JBL stuff though.....

At any rate, I highly recommend that someone jump on these......if he takes them to Ebay, he will likely get MORE than the current asking price.

----------------

On 7/29/2004 11:16:52 PM DeanG wrote:

What can you tell us about these Guy? I thought the ti series was the cat's meow.
----------------

Dean,

I don't have much to add to Tom's reply. These were JBL's top of the line speakers from 1976-1983 and they have compression mid and tweeter that the Ti series didn't have. They are considered by many as the last great JBL's.

I own a pair ( unfortunately they're back home 8.gif ) and they're among the best speakers I've ever heared. They're bass goes much lower than the Khorns and their mid and high clarity are amazing.

If only this guy would have lived in my area and I'd grab them in a second cause they are a real bargain at this price.

I really don't want to sell these speakers because I'll probably never see a pair again and they do sound wonderful.

Unfortunately I need to clear stuff out and I need the money. As you can see from the picture I already have my main system (part of it Tom's old Altec's).

I guess selling local allows someone else to get these for a bargain. I just want them to go to a good home.

I did have one guy willing to drive from California to pick these up and another from Colorado. 6.gif Go figure!

If anyone is in the area and wants a listen before they go drop me a line.

Alfredo

Guest Anonymous

Alfredo, email me, I live in wilmette, would you deliver? could we arrange an audition with Tom and I, can I bring my source and amps, and finally, how efficient are they, and what are the dimensions so I can see if they will fit?

Thanks10.gif