EICO HF-81 For Free!

neo33

In my audio endeavor, when I upgraded to better amps or better speakers I do not trade or sell the lessers as I think each has it own unique characteristics. And thus, over the course of my stay on the 2-Channel forum I have acquired quite a bit of audio gears.

Well, it's time for someone here to enjoy one of my two beloved EICO HF-81 integrated tube amps. On this unit, the P/S caps has been replaced with new caps. The original tubes were replaced by NOS tubes. Otherwise, the amp is in its original condition.

The requirements: You must be a 2-channel forum contributing member. You must have a love for SET amps. You must pick up the amp in California bay area. And you must not reveal my identity. The first one that met the above requirements with a PM to me will get the amp.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not in the bay area or I would jump all over this. Neo, I don't think I have ever seen a review from you comparing and contrasting the differences you find between your SET and Eico amps. Could you point me to one if it exists or give us a review?

I wouldn't reveal your identity. Hell, I don't know now if you are male or female. You are just part of the Matrix.

I'd love to take you up on this, Neo, but as I've never heard a SET amp I can't claim a love for them. I also can't make the drive to the Bay anytime soon.

Kudos to you for this, though. It's nice to see the love being shared. 1.gif I hope you find your amp a good home.

----------------

On 7/20/2004 3:43:49 PM edster00 wrote:

----------------

On 7/20/2004 3:28:06 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

Don't give it to Jazman.

----------------

That's the spirit!

Good vibes going on and the young'un wants to spoil it...tsk tsk tsk.

----------------

I don't want to spoil it but I don't think that the troll should get the amp. It is not my decision who to give the amp to but I just think that giving it to Jazman would be a waste. I think what Neo is doing is great.

----------------

On 7/20/2004 3:51:55 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

----------------

----------------

Don't give it to Jazman.

----------------

That's the spirit!

----------------

I don't want to spoil it but I don't think that the troll should get the amp. It is not my decision who to give the amp to but I just think that giving it to Jazman would be a waste. I think what Neo is doing is great.

----------------

It seems you're launching some sort of personal attack young master Shomaker. I strongly suggest you rethink your post. You got in once over your head, and now it appears you're pushing a rematch. I have no time for you.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 7/20/2004 5:03:53 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 7/20/2004 3:51:55 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

----------------

----------------

Don't give it to Jazman.

----------------

That's the spirit!

----------------

----------------

It seems you're launching some sort of personal attack young master Shomaker. I strongly suggest you rethink your post. You got in once over your head, and now it appears you're pushing a rematch. I have no time for you.

Klipsch out.

----------------

You are welcome to come over to my forum so we can have a little talk.11.gif12.gif

----------------

On 7/20/2004 6:03:32 PM NOSValves wrote:

I think if someone is going to give away a amp it should go to someone that has never experienced the joy of tubes. Last amp I gave away went to young Justin who is off to college now.

Craig

----------------

I agree, I applaud Neo's generous offer. However, it seems somewhat of a waste though to give it to someone who already has experienced tubes, has an expensive tube setup, and the means to buy an eico of their own if they really wanted one. I think it would be much more appreciated by someone who doesn't have a tube amp and maybe would have a hard time affording one. But in the end it's Neo's amp and his to do with as he wishes.

It appears to me that Edmund was the first to meet Neo's criteria: He is a SET lover and vigorous defender in the 2-channel forum, and he lives in the Bay area so he can pick the amp up. It's up to Edmund not to reveal Clark Kent's true idebtity.

Rick