ROAD TRIP!!!. The twins and�

thebes

. I are off to the Catskills in the morning. Going to to a hotel in the heart of the Borscht Belt to see Rodney Dangerfield. Borrowed a friends 62 coupe de Ville convertible. Fully restored but with a modern sound system.

To get in the mood, Tickles has bleached and teased her hair into a bob and is decked out in an amply filled cashmere sweater, a flared skirt, wild scarf, bobby socks and two-tone shoes. Tawnys gone a little more urban with an Agent 99 hairdo, white blouse, red scarf, Toreador pants, and spiked heels.

Ive bought a can of Instant Hair, and managed to shape it into a ducktail haircut. With white t-shirt complete with rolled up Lucky Strikes, pegged black pants and leather boots with two inch Cuban heels, Im ready to roll.

Problem is Ive only got a limited amount of tunes to draw on. Ive got the Drifters for when we hit Jersey, and of course, Ill be spinning the Duke of Earl for a grand entrance into the Hotel.

Now the girls were just barely out of diapers when Cyndi Lauper first sang Girls Just Want to Have Fun so they dont know a lot about the 50s and early 60s Top 40 music.

Theres a lot of good stuff from that time, but I need your suggestions. Of course, modern tunes that fit that era would also be welcomed.

So, walk dont run down deadmans turn and give me a hand here.

Damn, thebes, I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head for you, but I do have a little envy. I have blast off for a tourney tmrw at 6 AM, an hour from my house, supposed to be foggy and rainy, so might be 1 1/2 hour drive, means leaving the house at 4. 14.gif Then 8 hours standing on the deck of a boat the size of a car hood. In the rain. This is fun, right? I think I'd gladly give up the chance to make it to State next year to be the Man Sandwich at 4 AM!!6.gif9.gif6.gif

Enjoy your weekend, we expect details!!!

Nah, if he were a Harlequin writer there be more heaving breasts and awakened manhoods..

"The firm grasp of his field workers arms held her tightly against his sinewy frame. Fighting the unbefore known swells rising within, she raised her hands to pry her heaving breasts from his entanglement, only to find herself somehow drawn to him, his power, his strength, and the obvious awakening of his manhood pressing against her dampness."

Thebes don't do none of that crap.

Dang. 8.gif

All right enough chit, chat. We're talking '50 and early 60's tunes here.

How about something from the Shirelles. the Sha na Nah's, Mitch Ryder, Elvis, etc.

Funny tunes accepted such as "If you Want to Be Happy for the Rest of Your Life...

The twins are ready for me to crank up the car and go cruisin, bu they're looking really bored right now. That can't be a good sign. My eyes are bugging out and I'm nervously twitsting my tie. I',m turning into Rodney Dangerfield in front of your eyes. Get me some respect, here!

Go with the flow. Cruise with the lovely lady with fuzzy dice on the mirror.

I'd say Frankie Fallie and the Four Seasons (sp.)

"Big Girls Don't Cry."

You may want to get into cruising music with The Ventures.

However, at the end of the night, you must play The Associations, and "Cherish".

Gil

----------------

On 7/30/2004 7:02:26 PM paulparrot wrote:

The Everly Brothers "Take A Message To Mary" will make them cry. The Ventures "Walk, Don't Run" is a good choice, yes.
----------------

Parrot is right. The Ventures "Walk Don't Run" is a great nostalgic album. I have listened to it at least once a week ever since I can remember.

Dion and The Belmonts "Wanderer"

When you get to your room you can play the entire Dion's "20 Greatest Hits" album.

Of Course in 1959 Peter, Paul and Mary cut their first album in Stereo. Quite good both in song selection and ,amazingly, aurically IMHO.

Rick

Edit: I was just dozing off, listening to some soft jazz by Andy Narell, thinking on this subject and started reminising about the first time I saw Sha-Na-Na at the old Boston Tea Party. What a wild bunch of guys. A nice trip for sure.

I'm calling in from a truckstop on the Jersey Turnpike. Ran out of gas and music. Got the gas, but I need more tunes. The girls are into what you've suggested and loved the Wanderer, but now they're getting restless and starting to flirt with the truckers.