Question for RF-7 owners

greyroom

I picked up my RF-7s that I ordered from a local dealer. I waited 2 and 1/2 weeks to get brand new in the box, instead of floor models. I noticed alot of tape on the bottom of the boxes. When I opened them first thing I noticed was that the feet where already attached to the speakers. Is this done at the factory now? The owners manual was scotch taped shut. Do the speakers still come with the owners papers in a nice black folder? There was no folder in these boxes. My RF-5s did not have the feet on and they had a black folder. If someone made a purchase recently and can answer my questions please let me know so I can return for a "real" new pair.

----------------

On 8/7/2004 8:49:10 AM greyroom wrote:

I picked up my RF-7s that I ordered from a local dealer. I waited 2 and 1/2 weeks to get brand new in the box, instead of floor models. I noticed alot of tape on the bottom of the boxes. When I opened them first thing I noticed was that the feet where already attached to the speakers. Is this done at the factory now? The owners manual was scotch taped shut. Do the speakers still come with the owners papers in a nice black folder? There was no folder in these boxes. My RF-5s did not have the feet on and they had a black folder. If someone made a purchase recently and can answer my questions please let me know so I can return for a "real" new pair.

----------------

When I bought my RF-7s some two years ago, I do recall the plastic feet where already attached. I also don't remember getting the user's manual and warrenty papers in a black folder either. However, I did have to screw in the metal spikes into the bottom of the feet myself. Are the speaker damaged at all? If not, then I would not worry about it and go enjoy them.

Wow, thats almost the exact same post I made when I bought my rf-7's...they came with the feet on, and had a few scuffs and scratches. I took them back to the dealer, and got ANOTHER pair...they too came with the feet on and also had scuffs on them. the dealer said they were both brand new pairs and didn't know what else to do, that they weren't too fond of me returning everything i bought (at that time i'd also bought a few other pairs of speakers and returned them) so they gave me a big discount for my trouble...then i called klipsch and they took care of it...they send a freight service to my home, picked them up, and a few weeks later i had a brand new pair from the factory. the feet were on them, manuals in clear plastic bags taped shut (just like my rf-5's were) no scuffs, perfect condition.

Same here, they came with the feet already attached. The manual came in clear plastic, no black folder.

I had to take them back to the dealer twice however. The first pair were damaged in shipping, the second pair had gaps on the corners where the veneer wasn't done right. The third pair the dealer delivered for free.

Wow that is a lot of cosmetic RF 7 issues. Sounds like a quality control issue maybe which is hard to imagine with Klipsch. Klipsch has always been really particular about their QA. Did you guys let Klipsch know what was occurring or just let the Dealers handle that end of it. I am really surprised at this. Interesting.

I purchased RF-7s over two years ago. They came with the feet attached and were delivered in perfect condition. At 90 pounds each, they were not easy to get out of the boxes. The owner's manual were in clear plastic.

Klipsch could produce better owner's manuals. There is an art to positioning speakers. Guidelines for horn speakers might help.

Bill

----------------

On 8/9/2004 11:01:23 AM MrMcGoo wrote:

I purchased RF-7s over two years ago. They came with the feet attached and were delivered in perfect condition. At 90 pounds each, they were not easy to get out of the boxes. The owner's manual were in clear plastic.

Klipsch could produce better owner's manuals. There is an art to positioning speakers. Guidelines for horn speakers might help.

Bill
----------------

This forum is the ULTIMATE owners manual 9.gif

Yes, when I shell out $2k for speakers, I would love to have 20 pages of info on the speakers, placement, etc.

I would LOVE to see someone spend an HOUR (thats all) telling the story of the speakers. Who designed them, how they were built, etc. It would cost next to nothing and make nice speakers all that more special.

My feet were attached, but both had glue issues with the front being loose, causing huge vibration w/ low notes. The first I noticed right away, klipsch replaced. The 2nd I notice a week later, and I just had the dealer glue (not a big deal at all and a lot quicker. I was very happy with the service from the dealer and klipsch.

My 7's came w/feet on and in good condition,paperwork in clear plastic,I installed spikes.On the gettin' em'out of the box,for future ref.I always lay the box on its side,open bottom flaps back and stand back up,pull box up over speaker.