Let the fun begin!!!!

3dzapper

Last night I won a pair of Dynaco Mark IIIs on ebay for $450. I can't wait to get a chance to play with these babies. I'll need advice on what to mod to get the best slam out of them from you geniuses. If I can get sound like garymd out of my horns for a party I'll be in seventh heaven!3.gif

markIIIs1.jpg

In order to get these beasts I am selling a couple of items on ebay; an HF-81 and an LC-21 preamp. If any one here buys either I could ship it to Craig for a check up if you like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5715921871&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5715933348

Rick

Edit: The EICO sold for the BIN. 8/18/04

post-12829-13819257573822_thumb.jpg

Rick, after Craig gets through with his handiwork, send them over to Dale for professional polishing. I'm sure he would love to help out.9.gif

I'm sure Craig will have them humming along better than Gary's pair, although I'm sure you will settle for just as good. Now you can turn up the volume. 3.gif

Congratulations of your new purchase.

Dee : Thanx , i really enjoyed detailing this pair . They were showing there age and in dire need of some TLC .

Rick : A little clean up and throw on the cages and your done , cosmetics are hard to see when everythings cover'ed anyway .

I run mine with the cages off late at night when the kids are in bed , i like how the tubes glow bounces off all the chrome and lights up the whole amp .

I also changed all the machine head screws on the entire chassis with stainless allen heads . They look a lot cleaner , you can just see there heads at the base of the transformers in the picture below .

both8.jpg

post-10527-13819257574832_thumb.jpg

Thebes : Both , i manage a bodyshop at a chevrolet dealership , we do alot of custom work on bikes cars trucks etc etc etc .

I use the paintbooth all the time for any of my heritage refinishing projects and one of my good freinds owns a plating shop about 60 miles away .

Here's a bike we finished about 2 months ago , i painted this one myself as the owner is a freind of mine and was very fussy about the 3 stage candy apple finish .

Notice the tricked out open primary belt drive down by his leg ? this is a very expensive little trick not to mention the completly hand built rear swing arm assembly to house that monster big tire in the back .

The tanks were tear dropped and streched 6 inchs here at our shop as well .

BIKE11.jpg

post-10527-13819257575502_thumb.jpg

Wow! That's major wonderful work. Looks like I'll be heading North when I rebuild my 1962 Triumph 350 this winter. Also, I would presume that when you chrome the monos you have to strip out of all of the electronics and disassemble the transformers before you do the chroming. Must mean you're also pretty handy with a soldering gun.

Great stuff. A treat to the eye. Thanks for sharing.

----------------

On 8/18/2004 3:52:21 PM Dale W wrote:

Notice the tricked out open primary belt drive down by his leg ? this is a very expensive little trick not to mention the completly hand built rear swing arm assembly to house that monster big tire in the back .

----------------

Very special looking Bike Dale.

What is the trick on the drive belt? Is it gear modification or just making it more visible?