OT - Strange Story

j-malotky

Something happened to my sister a few weeks back that is very interesting. I thought I would share this with you.

My 17 year old nephew left the house alone to run some errands. 10 mins or so later, my sister left her house and was in stop and go traffic from an accident up a head on the road. She wondered if her son was slowed down by the accident, but as she approached, recognized the totaled car. He was the one who had the accident. She pulled over, finding the sheriffs department, and rescue workers working on getting him out of the car. As she watched, scared and fearing the worst, a man approached her. He told her that he was right behind him and saw him nodding off to sleep, described the accident in detail, how he gently left the road and hit the trees. Assuring her that he was not seriously hurt, that nothing was wrong, but he is in shock from the accident, that everything will be fine. His whole demeanor was calm, and at the time calmed my sisters fears. She left the man turning her attention to the rescue workers bringing him to the ambulance from the woods. He was complained that he could not move his legs, and was obviously shaken up and scared. She told him that he was in shock from the crash, that he would be OK, and re-assured him as only a mother could do to a scared teenager, as she traveled with him to the hospital.

Later at the hospital, the sheriffs gave my sister a copy of the accident reports etc. My sister told him that she understood he fell asleep at the wheel, as the man who was behind him told her. The Sheriff looked surprised and said that he talked to the people who were in the car directly behind him and the second car, and none of them reported this. She described the older balding man, wearing the yellow t-shirt with peace written on the front, wearing shorts, who shared this information with her at the accident scene. He told her he was the first on the scene, and never saw anyone with that description. That in both cars behind him, were occupied with younger people.

So who was this man? Where was he? As my sister thinks back, He never said he was in a car behind my nephew, but that he was behind him! Was he a guardian angel, giving a scared mother the comfort she needed at a critical time? She in turn was able to comfort a scared young man in the way only a mother could!

He is fine. The car was totally destroyed. If there had been a passenger in the car, they would have been killed. The passenger seat of the car was crushed. If he would not have hit that particular tree and would have been just a few feet to the left, he would have driven off a ledge into a deep kettle that was several hundred feet deep and surely would have been killed.

Makes you wonder???

JM

----------------

On 9/1/2004 4:19:42 PM j-malotky wrote:

Something happened to my sister a few weeks back that is very interesting. I thought I would share this with you.

JM

----------------

Makes your hair stand on end - for those of us who have it! Hope the young feller is fine. Thanks for sharing that story.