Heresy II's VS. RF-7 ? Let me hear from ya.

Born2RockU

I am thinking of selling my Heresy II's (...all 4 of them) and getting RF-7's in place of them......to match my RC-7 and RS-7's w/ the RSW-15 sub. Any thougths about either ?

Well, its a totally different sound. If you didn't like the heresy's, you might find the RF7s more to your liking, or you might find out you just don't like the sound of klipsh period. The RF7s are definately not laid back. I own both, but don't use them together. Have you listened to the RF7 with the amp/receiver you'll be using? You'de hate to find out you made the same mistake again.

You will sell your HII's for about the same total as one set of RF 7's, you are not comparing equals. Will you get a better timbre match with your other stuff, yes. Maybe you will like the Reference sound better I don't know I myself much prefer the "Heritage" sound but that is just my opinion. I have noticed you have been running rampant with trying to choose from multiple different versions of receivers and such. You really should pick a point and settle down a bit, but that is just my recommendation. It seems to me you don't know what you want. I am not deriding you here just making an honest critique. You may just want to wait awhile and demo stuff to try and get a better assessment of what you like. I honestly believe if you continue buying and selling items you will end up with a lot of items you dont like. So again I recommend step back and take a breath and let things settle some. You will still be able to sell items you dont like but by waiting you may end up getting a better picture of what you do like.

----------------

On 9/1/2004 6:28:59 PM Born2RockU wrote:

I am thinking of selling my Heresy II's (...all 4 of them) and getting RF-7's in place of them......to match my RC-7 and RS-7's w/ the RSW-15 sub. Any thougths about either ?

----------------

Why? Born2RockU. What do you hope to achieve? Just casting my eye over the rest of your system, it seems to me you have stuff everywhere, with no rhyme nor purpose. You need to start from a base, and build up from there. Been there and done that, and it's just a total waste of good money by chopping and changing and not knowing where you're headed. Without taking anything away from the RF7's, the Heresys are a stupendous loudspeaker and they could form the basis of a sensational HT system. Like any high end loudspeaker, the Heresy's should be carefully matched with decent source and amplification. Why not take a different tack and sort the rest of your stuff out instead. Good luck. 2.gif

born2rockU,

Ive read your various threads. You asked for advice and youve got it but it seems to me that you havent tried the reasonable recommendations.

I dont want to offend you, but do you ever listen seriouslyto your gear ? Did you listen to your Heresys before buying them? Have you ever heard the reference 7?

I agree with J.4knee - it seems you don't know what you want. Cool down a little bit, do some serious listening and find out what speakers REALLY fit your taste!

I'm glad others have found this guy to be impetuous. He asks for all manors of opinions/recommendations/suggestions/whatever - and then basically runs off half-cocked and does only a portion of what input he gets. Then posts more about his "unhappiness" with the sound.

How do you know what you want if you don't know what you want? 9.gif

Iffin' it were me, I'd answer that question by spending some time at every audio place I could find listening to every type of speaker I could. I'd even try to listen to set-ups that friends or friends of friends have.

I dunno.....maybe he just needs to go to a Bose factory outlet store. 6.gif2.gif

Tom

B2RU,

I would suggest you first decide which sound you like best: heresy or reference, and then go with that. Either sell the heresys and go all-Reference, or sell the RS-7's and RC-7 and get more heritage - maybe one to three more heresys or a pair of cornwalls/belles/k-horns. Either way would be a great set-up.

i agree with the rest btru, just take a while and sit and listen to your equipment, you have alot of good gear, a little bad, or better said mismatched. both the rf's and herisies sound great, almost the same in dynamics, meaning you hear every little nuance, the rf's are alot more in your face, and the heresies are a bit more refined, my comparison is comparing an porche to an rolls royce, have you heard both?12.gif

The pervasiveness of the thought that you just toss in any old mass market HT receiver (even if it costs $ 3000) and get music out of your speakers is hard to believe.

More than adequate for movies.

We saw all Aragon separates at the Klipsch lab for a reason.

There are too many poorly implemented ICs in mass market receivers to have them sound musical. And a digital tuner section even adds more hash.

It is far to easy to blame poor muscial satisfaction on the speakers.

Hereseys have had an amazing life cycle in the audio market for over 30 years. HT receiver models change faster than mass market compnaies can update their websites.