Klipschhorns in a 4 Runner

joshnich

Hey Josh, thanks again for getting me into LPs. Back in 1998 I sold my 89 k-horns to a guy from CHicago, he showed up in a 4 runner. We had to seperate the two tops from the bass bins, so the bass bins could be put in sideways and on their side facing each other , make sure you take the side panels off too. The tops go in face down, magnet sticking up, into the rear of the toyota. I hope this all makes sense. It will work.

I've done it in a 4Runner, but only tranported one at at time. These were done over relatively short distances though, so I had that luxury. Even carrying only one, it was a pretty full load. I imagine it might be possible to carry both, but you would have to be very creative in how you loaded them, as mentioned in posts above.

Edit: I later had a need to transport two-at-a-time and found a solution:

Picture-171-small.jpg

If the 4runner has a hitch, I'd suggest renting a U-haul trailer. If you're from the south, that's Y'all Haul.

The trailer is just a few bucks and is MUCH easier on the back to load. You can carry the Khorns on a two wheeler dolly and just lift them into the trailer one at a time. It's not even necessary to take off the top hat.

----------------

On 9/4/2004 4:00:55 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

If the 4runner has a hitch, I'd suggest renting a U-haul trailer. If you're from the south, that's Y'all Haul.

----------------

I've done the U-Haul route and it ended in disaster. $2000 of repair bills on the Expedition.

These days, I rent a minivan, pull out the seats, take the tops off the Khorns and load the bass bins in, and find a comfy spot for the tops (wrapped in quilts). I can get them in and out in 10 minutes without a scratch (and like Dee says, without popping any spinal discs), and bad weather isn't an issue.

$65 for the rental, worth every penny 10.gif