WIN A FREE KLIPSCH T-SHIRT!!!

thebes

That's right folks a free Klipsh TV shirt. Impress your friends and the ladies will swoon when you strut down the street in this very cool fashion item.

What's that you say: "Thebes, tell us more, how do I win?"

Well it's really very, very simple.

All you have to do is stop by Entertainmnet/DVD's, Music etc. and share a music recommendation with your fellow members in our ongoing weekly thread "Members Weekly Music Recommendations"

Each posted recommendation only (in other words not general chit-chat) is assigned a number, at the end of the month a number is drawn at random and a t-shirt awarded.

After all, what's the sense of owning the finest speakers in the world, buying all that fancy gear and having nothing to play on it. One thing for sure you can count of the music being well recorded and running across something suitable for all musical listening tastes.

I've bought over 20 cd's based on musical discussions in this Forum and have not been disappointed, so join in the fun.

To tell you I mean business, we have a winner for August.

The envelope please and the winner is

SCOOTERDOG

His recommendation was "Absentia" by Porcupine Tree, Rock, CD in August 2nd weekly thread.

Congratulations Scooterdog. Plese PM me with your shipping info and shirt size.

Well, what are you standing around for! Run ,don't walk down to DVD/Music. You could be next!

Excellent idea Thebes! You are so wise in the starting of threads.

Here's a post from late last night as I was consoling myself on the 'my system's a pile of junk thread'

I kind of liken this mad mad race for more toys through the ears of a good friend of mine (not a Forum member). Guy used to play guitar, work in record stores, then in music distribution, then started collecting music related memorabalia and merchandising at concerts. He now furnishes several restaurants with their music related decorations. THe dude used to be a music FREAK. Still has lots of equipment, tons of tapes and CD's, but doesnt' seem to be as muscially oriented as he used to be, ie, he doesn't do the same critical listening and doesnt' seem to get the same enjoyment now that he's been through the music BIZ. Seems like we can take it too far also, being so captivated with the electronics that we fail to keep our libraries up to date or do any further serious music/movie collecting. Anyone feel like this lately? How many $$ have you spend on hardware compared to software in last calendar year??

In the words of Geddy Lee "All this machinery making modern music and to still be open-hearted'. Something to think about....

...So count me in! I have what is know to be a pretty eclectic taste in musics and love sharing with others. Will try out this discussion Forum today.

And that's not all folks, if you enter right now, we'll throw in this set of Ginsu knives....

Michael

You know Michael, what brought me to this Forum was a renewed interest in music not gear. I found that half the time my system was just sitting there. I bought some music and I realized my system could use some punching up. So I climbed on the gear ladder, but promised myself that any new equipment had to have equal or thereabouts dollars spent on music to go with it. Then I realized with thousands of people here who love music we had what essentially an untapped resource.

Think about it, although this is a gear site, there are contanied within these virtual walls perhaps one of the better music vaults in the land.

I'm trying to tap into this for not only myslef but for all of us.

I also tracking down a wharehouse full of Popiel Pocket Fishermanm so stay tuned!

"I also tracking down a wharehouse full of Popiel Pocket Fishermanm so stay tuned!"

Thebes buddy!! Popiel Pocket fishermanm!!!! Where do I signm up?3.gif3.gif2.gif

Maybe you should also look for that warehouse of Popiel Hair Restorer. Many of us here could use that too!!6.gif

Do "don't waste your money" posts count toward the free tee?

Rick

Thebes, how bout this for a tough house rule. One of the coolest (and geekiest) things I loved about moving back to the city (Indy) from country life (waaay in sticks) was getting my Library card back. My rule is that for every CD, DVD, or VHS I get from library, I must check out an equal number of real books and actually read them. Sometimes it's too easy just having entertainment forced on us like pablum (sp?). So I try to go the extra step to encourage experimentation, education, and real imagination.

Local libraries are a great source of music and movies and they're free as well. Mine will allow you to go online, reserve a selection, have it shipped to local branch, then email you when it shows up and again 3 days before it's due back. The only way they could make it easier would be for a saucy librarian to come to my house, slip it in (the DVD, you neandrethals) and bake me some cookies while massaging my tootsies. MMMMMM cookies........

Michael (feeling delerious, I haven't had a stereo hooked up or playing of any type for 24 hours)

Colter, excellent point on libraries I use mine religously, but only for books because the selection of cd's in my library (I'm not making this up) consists solely of marching tunes from military bands.

Rick, I've also got a line on the hair that comes in the spray can. We can spray some on and hop in Colter's hot tube with the babes, just remember to keep you head above water.

Ear, you've obviously been wired up to one of your subs too long1.gif

----------------

On 9/7/2004 4:30:29 PM thebes wrote:

Colter, excellent point on libraries I use mine religously, but only for books because the selection of cd's in my library (I'm not making this up) consists solely of marching tunes from military bands.

Rick, I've also got a line on the hair that comes in the spray can. We can spray some on and hop in Colter's hot tube with the babes, just remember to keep you head above water.

Ear, you've obviously been wired up to one of your subs too long
1.gif
----------------

I too swear by "canned hair". Looks even better if you mask off the part. Without my can......well, I part my hair in the middle. Real WIDE.......

TC

So who WON this month, the suspense is killing me...geez...10.gif

SO WHO WON THE FREE KLIPSCH T-SHIRT....come on...4.gif

sorry, it's been "9 days" thought you had a WINNER by NOW...my confusion....SO CONFUSED...10.gif

did I enter...thought I entered...but did I...maybe not, but thought I did, know I did....so confused....14.gif