Klipschorns could still be yours.

Justintime

Kudret : I know !! you and formica ( rob ) are the reason i went and looked at these 1967's . They were not worthy of the shipping hassle even at 1600 bucks .

It really saddens me to see khorns in such poor condition considering the amount of guys here on this forum that would cherrish them to death given the chance at ownership .

I told the guy he'd be better off stripping the drivers and network to sell on e-bay and throw the cabinets away . He proceeds to smack talk me about taking time off work to show me these speakers then i disrespect what he's selling .

Funny how he backed down when i took off my coat and asked him if he wanted to make something out of it .

Dam grease ball used car salesman !!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did'nt want to come off as the smart *** , but hey i also took time out of my day and spent my gas money and time to go see something that was falsely advertised .

The guy could have told me they were rough on the phone and saved us both the confrontation , instead of giving me the used car pitch on the speakers when i got there " not " realizing that i knew about 500 times as much about them as he did.

Pressure me into buying your garbage hoping i'm to stupid to know the difference, he's dam lucky i did'nt smack him just on principle alone.

----------------

On 9/7/2004 12:59:26 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Justin wrote:----------------

Hi Roy, Maybe, I'm considering two guys on a part LaScala trade right now. Tell your friend to sweeten the deal a bit more and he may end up taking the cake.

Thanks, Justin

----------------

DUDE- name your price, Forum folks don't like this hedging around. Name your $$$ and we will pay it or not. 'sweeten the deal', what am I supposed to send my sister around to your place, wax your car or what????? If the $$ aint' right say so!

----------------

Mr. colterphoto1, If your the "forum folks" expert that you seem to claim to be, You would know that these have been posted on 8-30 under for sale. The price for these is $3,000.00 DUDE.Pics have been available, and members thought the price was fair.Unlike you, Roy understood what sweeten the deal meant, and he did. But because he didn't hit 3000 the two LaScala traders get first dibs,as they were first anyway. Now if you want them show up at my house with $3,000.00 cash and they'll be yours DUDE. As for your sister, sure, bring her along. Justin

I paid $1500.00 for them last year ( thats like $1125.00 usd )

I passed on another black pair not more then 3 months ago for $1800.00 canadian . Also pased on a 1967 walnut pair a few weeks back that i went to look at for another forum member , they were $1600.00 canadian but would have costed that much again to fix all the BS applied to them by past owners.

Dale,please cut the bull**** with your prices....

GOD if a lie would hurt,you'll be dead by now.

----------------

" PUT YOUR MONEY AND ATTITUDE ON THE LINE FOR ALL US TO SEE "

I'll bet you 1k ? hows that ? " MAN " enough ?

First off i'll scan the add from the paper which i still have at home , secondly you can phone the guy as his phone # is in the add .

Then you can appoligize infront of all the forum members when i've received your money .

Anytime your ready to put your cash on the line you just let me know ok

Here's how it's going to work , just so you can't scworm out of the deal , we pick a nuetral person from the forum to hold both out thousand dollars. Once both partys have put up there money then i'll scan the paper with the add including the guys phone # , when the truth comes out the winner gets his cash .

Seem as your so sure of yourself i look forward to taking your cash.

In the mean time you can do a forum search under my profile and you'll find i posted pictures and the price i paid for these khorns about a year ago .

EDIT : Oh Hey !! i just looked in my wallet and i still have the hand written reciept jan 23 /04 so you'll be looking in the updating and mod section for my post on that friday afternoon or saturday , i can't remember which day i put the pictures up .

Hey Mica, it is very possible to get Khorns at that price. I got my '88 Oak Oil Pair is excellent to near mint condition for $1250, and I just picked up a pair of '77 Khorn's in Walnut Oil from a guy on AudioGon for $1375 they are probably a 7-8 out of 10. So two pair of Khorn's have cost me $2625 total, not to mention my single La Scala center for $300 and my '62 Vertical Cornwalls for $900. I applied the savings to upgrading crossovers and gear.

My brother in law bought a pair of NOS 1999 Khorn's in Oak Oil from a dealer for $2600 that had a little cosmetic damage from sitting on the showroom floor but what a deal. The deals are out there you just have to look.

However, if I was to sell any of my Khorn's I would certainly NOT give them away either and would certainly ask more than I paid.

$3000 is not unfair for a newish pair of Khorn's 1998-2003 but if I can find a pair cheaper I would be silly not to jump on the offer. They certainly are not going to sound any better because they are newer.

I picked up a pair of 1985 klipschorns " B STYLE " in oak from saskatoon saskatchewan ( thats also in canada for those who don't know , lol ) about 9 months ago and paid $1700.00 canadian .

The deals are out there , you just have to look . Don't expect someone to knock on your door or phone you just because your looking !!! It takes a bit of hunting and time , but the deals are there .

To belittle someone else because of there location or skill in aquiring something you can't find just goes to show your own total lack of class .

hey scooter, I think you might be confused. who is the used car salesman? the reference made earlier about a bad trip and no sale due to a misrepresented product was not refering to the current seller in this thread justin, it was just a story about a sale and visit gone bad. justin needs to learn about sales and not berate people for trying to get him to drop the price. but I have not idea why you are getting into this here scoot...

Either I have had one too many glasses of wine or this is a very hard thread to follow (maybe both). Anyway I am looking for a pair of K Horns. I will pay good money. i do not want to deal with EBAY or shipping hassles. Therefore California, Oregon, or Nevada would be the limit in terms of distance. I am not in a hurry as my Belles are as sweet as peach ice cream. But should the right pair come along at a reasonable price I would jump!

Josh

----------------

On 9/8/2004 10:52:52 PM joshnich wrote:

... Anyway I am looking for a pair of K Horns. I will pay good money. i do not want to deal with EBAY or shipping hassles. Therefore California, Oregon, or Nevada would be the limit in terms of distance. I am not in a hurry as my Belles are as sweet as peach ice cream. But should the right pair come along at a reasonable price I would jump!

Josh

----------------

Josh: When you find your Khorns, are you going to be letting go of your Belles? If so, I might be interested depending on the finish. I'm looking for a set in Oiled Walnut.

no problem scoot. I just thought you had misinterpreted the bad buying trip story and pegged it on justin, didn't want you to go farther down the line if that was the case. I personally think there should be a "for sale" sub section since it has the potential to draw problems into two channel. jmho. regards, tony