watch 60 min 2nite

iwillwalk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan, do just repeat the Democratic talking points or do you write them? Check the links with Dan Rather, his daughter and this Ben guy. Whether true or not, CBS wanted this story so badly they didn't really care if it was accurate. The DNC already had a CYA strategy. It just reinforces the true question of the left. How can we fool the people today?

I think more like 90/10 the other way. Why? Because "disingenuous" doesn't even BEGIN to describe the Bush administration!

From today's New York Times:

"The administration claims to have a plan to cut the deficit in half over the next five years. But even Bruce Bartlett, a longtime tax-cut advocate, points out that projections showing deficits falling assume that Bush's tax cuts expire on schedule. But Mr. Bush wants those tax cuts made permanent. That is, the administration has a plan to reduce the deficit that depends on Congress's not passing its own legislation."

Amazing, isn't it? That so many buy into this kind of crap?

Stop it Allan! The deficit is over rated and you know it. The NY Times? Give me a break. For six months everybody has been waiting to hear what Senator Kerry will do. Lordy, his years in the Senate tell us that and God help us if he wins.

The economy is up my friend and we're winning the war on terror without the French. Unemployment is down.

This administration inherited a recession. Then 911. I'd say they have done pretty good and you know it. You just hate the guy.

Oh, by the way:

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerrys own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean.

I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated in foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United States. Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner?

Heinz is a FOOD company! If they are making FOOD products around the world the factories need to be in those markets, dontchathink? How much of the Heinz product made off-shore is exported BACK to the USA? Answer: ALMOST NOTHING!!

This is a red herring and you KNOW it!

I read three papers daily: Wall Street Journal (Conservative bias), Los Angeles Times (right-center) and the New York Times (center). The only MAINSTREAM liberal paper I know of is the Washington Post.

I never read the Times. I attend classes at the Rush Limbaugh Institute of Conservative Thinking. The Doctor of Democracy - El Rushbo supplies all of my news and the latest examples of media hypocrisy. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Now I hope you can laugh for 15 minutes my friend.)