Attention DFW Hornheads

Seadog

Thnaks David, but I probably am out due to making this an evening with my wife starting with dinner. I don't like to inflict any more adversity on my audio hobby with her than I need to and somehow coming to meet up with you guys and scrambling to get to dinner with her by 5 or 6 will cost me points....have fun, I'm in for the next one....

Well Hornheads, it is getting even better. Yesterday, Craig (NOSValves) called and he has finished the refurb on my Scott 99B, so I will have a tube-amplified center channel to go with my 299D. Tonight my brother (Audiodad) called and he is driving up from Houston with an LK72, so we will have five channels powered by tubes. I can't wait to hear the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD-A with all 5 channels running tubes/Klipsch Heritage! He is also going to bring his Lascalas, so we should have lots of stuff to play with.

----------------

On 9/17/2004 1:54:35 PM eq_shadimar wrote:

Deal!! I will drive Buster (1967 Ranchero) to the event. That way, if after hosting the event, we convince you that the speakers and amps are worthless I will have a way to take them all home.
1.gif

Laters,

Jeff

----------------

Hope to see that thing Jeff, will bring my truck in case you can't carry it all 3.gif

Mark

Dave,

The I am very pleased with the Thorens. Until the Thorens, I have never owned a TT that I could listen to at any volume level without problems. The Thorens/Scott combination seems to be a good match. I prefer the Thorens (assuming good condition vinyl) to CDs. SACD is more comparable. I should get some unbiased feedback next weekend!

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top to thank Dave for all of his hospitality on Saturday! I had a great time. It was an afternoon and eveing filled with great music, tubes, and friends.

Dave is lucky enough to have 3 Klipsch systems. A nice 2 channel Cornwall system downstairs that is his wife's system (although I think that Dave really got them for himself 1.gif ), a 2 channel KG4 system in the guest room, and of course the main 5.1 system with Cornwalls left, center, and right; Heresy rears, and a Klipsch subwoofer.

Dave's room sounded great. More intimate sounding then the live concert sound I get in my home. You could really feel the music come out and seduce you instead of the grabs you by the balls and shake you feeling I get with my Cornwall system. I dunno it just sounded sexier if that is a good description. I think being on the second floor and the lower ceiling contributed to this. I really liked it. With the Thorens spinning the LP's you could hear that his 5.1 system is also a great 2 channel setup for vinyl. God I so need a decent TT. Just another great example of an awesome 2 channel and multi-channel setup in the same system.

We listened to LP's, DVD-A's, SACD's, and DVD-V's and everything sounded great. We even switched out and listened to my Fisher 500B for a bit. All in all a great time.

Thanks for hosting this Dave! Who is next?????

Laters,

Jeff