KG Series vs. Heritage Series

thebes

For those of you who have heard both could you describe for me in general terms what you would consider the major differences sound wise between the two series?

I know thge KG's are supposed to be primarily rockers, but they sound find to me on almost any type of music.

My systems are KG and (5.2's and 3.5's. 1.5's etc.) The only heritage I've heard are Larry Clare's fabulous Khorns.

I'm not thinking of switichng out, just curious that's all.

Thebes, I owned the KG5.5's. I believe, if my audio memory serves me correctly, that the 5.5's were not as forgiving as my Klipschorns or any of the Heirtage series. I remember having trouble matching the 5.5's to a suitable amp without the sound taking my head off my shoulders. By sound, I mean the upper mids. I solved that problem by slotting a 50 watt per channel Adcom integrated amp into the system ( can't remember the model number now, GFA-510 or something). Good sound after that.

thebes,

I have KG 3.5's & Heresy's. I have done extensive A/B comparisons between the two models with both hooked up to my Yamaha receiver under identical conditions. Let me preface my remarks by saying that I prefer highly detailed realism in both music and HT at lower volumes (-20+ db to reference). I tested in both 2 channel and HT environments.

I like the KG's better. They go lower and stronger (without a subwoofer) and offer a more detailed and realistic soundstage which suprised me. The Heresy's seemed a little less detailed in the mid's. Of course, my KLF-30's blow them both away...9.gif

Don't take this wrong. I like them all...3.gif With me it's about bang for the buck. The larger Heritage speakers (cornwall, Lascala, Khorns) change the equation. I don't even need an A/B comparison on that one. The big boys win.

Remember, just one guys's opinion...

Redtop

----------------

On 9/16/2004 5:35:32 AM greg928s4 wrote:

Very good dougdrake. I've heard that the new Klipsch people deny that, but according to Gary Gilliam, it is true. He told me some pretty good stories about what it was like to have his desk right next to Paul's for so many years. Very interesting.

Greg
----------------

Greg - Do I win a prize? :)

I didn't know you were testing us - thought you were really asking!

I guess I'm suprised by the answers. Except for redtop (thanks for the a/b by the way) the consensus seems to be thier is no comparison. I thought it would be a matter of degree not night and day. Anybody want to swap me even up for so I can get a pair of Cornies?