does anyone know how to hide a SVS from a significant other?

----------------

On 9/17/2004 7:55:54 PM 007 wrote:

I'm between a rock and a hard place with this new sub and my gf who does not yet know about it. what do I do?

----------------

Heh... Either give her the boot or send it back. There's no way you can hide that thing. Besides, even if you visually hide it from her, the sound difference is going to be obvious and she'll know something is up.

----------------

On 9/17/2004 9:10:17 PM nicholtl wrote:

Wait a minute...are you guys engaged or soon-to-be? Otherwise, she should have no say over your system!

----------------

Thank you well said.

Listen to the wise,unless she is your WIFE or your soon to be WIFE.Tbe a man(for now LOL)and the sub stays,who is she to use you like a puppet? Come on we need some law that prohibits any woman to have a say about audio 2.gif The infidels must repent

This one is a no brainer...if you give into her now on something like this that you enjoy, how are you going to own a pair of K-Horns or Krells in future? Answer, with her, you won't. Do you nag her when she buys useless jewelry or spends $50 on her nails? Stay firm on this..we are all counting on ya'

Ha Ha!!! My solution to the problem worked well for me, but it was an expensive solution; negotiation. I said: sweetie, you know that BIG BLACK baby grand piano you want for the living room?!!! Expensive yes, but the piano is a decent investment, and does also bring some beautiful "live" music into the house (we have pianomation).

JR

If audio IS your passion, then she needs to know and understand!! Ya gotta be honest and she needs to deal. I like audio and paintball, I dont play havoc on the household budget and I save a bit at a time to do this stuff. I'm not UNREASONABLE about it, so she needs to build a bridge and get over it!! And the post about buying jewelery was right, I dont ***** about that stuff and manicures and pedicures and the like. Hell, she has enough in that for a new set of RF-7's.... AS I told her one time, hey I'm at home...If you'd like I can stop buying my toys and start chasing women..take your pick, babe...she kinda likes my stereo!!

I tried to hide a PC2039 from my fiance at the time. I was able to hide it for about 2 days in the HT.

the only reason I was able to hide it for 2 days is because the HT is in the cellar and she had not gone down stairs. But once she had walked in to the HT she was able to see it poking its head up in the corner.

There aint no hiding these babies. I had no real intention in hiding it for a length of time it was just a matter of me not telling her I purchased it and when she discovered it I would plead for forgiveness.