Michigan Horn and Tube meeting October 2

Audio Flynn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another surprise that is not in your profile shape.

I have a full size Ford van. Where do you live?

I have never heard Quartets.

Again

I am easy and have very little preconcevied expectations other than being availiable for the horn and tube curious newbies and for old hornies to talk smack in a friendly manor.

We are a little old for dancers are we not?

Unless it is a slow polka or ballroom dancing. Damn I do not own any polka music; will have to hit the Salvationa army just in case the dancers are from Hamtramck.

Time for a preliminary headcount.

Audio Flynn

NOS VALVES

SHAPE

Audio Reality

We are really just a bunch of laid back regular guys that type a bunch of whacko stuff some times.

Any NEWBIES interested?

Whell,

I would really be interested in hearing some RF7's for sure. But we all need to decide what we are going to really want to audition. I have been at a good number of these get togethers and can say if to much gear is brought for audition it just becomes to much of a hassle. I think we should vote on just 2 sets of speakers to run for the day. One set being Chorus II's already on site. I would lean toward the RF7's since Quartet's are not going to be a major departure from Chorus II's ?

Craig

I would lean toward the RF7's since Quartet's are not going to be a major departure from Chorus II's ?

I agree.

I am really interested in Shapes tube CD.

Like my digital but Craigs Sony 333 ES is nice. I can plug my upsampler into it.

Limit to 2 sets of speakers and 2 digital sources perhaps?

I am in mexico for a few days on business.

Whell

Are you in for the RF-7?

I can bring my big van and handtruck (tape it up with old towels to protect the veneer)to get them.

I may even have some cuban cigars for the patio.

In the house I CAN HAVE ANY KIND OF SPILL BUT SMOKING GET mRS. FLYNN A BIT TORQUED.

----------------

On 9/27/2004 10:15:11 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

I am in mexico for a few days on business.

Whell

Are you in for the RF-7?

I can bring my big van and handtruck (tape it up with old towels to protect the veneer)to get them.

I may even have some cuban cigars for the patio.

In the house I CAN HAVE ANY KIND OF SPILL BUT SMOKING GET mRS. FLYNN A BIT TORQUED.

----------------

Sorry I've not gotten back. I'll know by tomorrow if I can make it over, and if I'm coming the RF-7's can come too.

Flynn: If you can help me move them, that would be GREAT!

Me too, but here's the scenario. October 1 (this Friday) is our 10th wedding aniversary. We're awaiting to hear from Grandma if she can watch our daughter Friday or Saturday.

Laurie and I would both much rather go out Friday, our actual aniversary day, but if Grandma can't do Friday, I might have a tough time selling the wife on the idea that hanging out with a bunch of like minded Klipsch geeks is preferable to celebrating our 10th! 9.gif

We'll confirm by tomorrow, and I'll let y'all know.

Audio Flynn: You're in Mexico on business? Hmmm, must be Juarez. Been there, done that too. Say hello to everyone at the Embassy Suites in El Paso and out at Cattleman's Steak house for me! 2.gif I'm really sorry I'll be missing your get-together. It sounds like a real blast. I was looking forward to meeting you and the gang. The Cubans almost made me change my mind! 9.gif