Caution: Klipsch can be very addictive

cyclonecj

For those of you that saw my other thread about upgrading my school's gym by replacing a pair of worn-out VOT's with a pair of La Scala's, you will understand my problem.

I picked up a pair of used industrial La Scala's & dropped them off at the school. While waiting for the maintenance crew to come by & install them, they somehow ended up in the band room. After a week of playing with them, John will not let go of them, & has asked the principle to get him a pair for the band room. He has also talked his wife (also a teacher with us) into getting a pair for his home. At this point, the principle & the wife are now upset with me.

Then the chorus teacher (Chris) came over for a listen to see what the fuss was about. Now he wants a pair for the chorus room, & also went to the principle.

So here comes the principle down to find out what I started. Now he has asked me to set him up with a system in his new home, including possible a pair of Heresy's for multiple rooms.

And just before I left today, the campus security officer asked if she could borrow my Heresy's to bring home. She has a pair of Bose, & wants to compare them, since the La Scala's seem to sound SO MUCH BETTER!

That is toooo funny! I'm having a similar experience here in Karachi, Pakistan. Many many of my friends (one of them a die-hard B&W fan), after having heard my Klipschorns, are scoping the city to find nice used pairs.

Maybe I should write to corporate and work in some sort of commission structure, eh? ;)

-F

I had the same thing happen with both my brother in law's. They are now Klipsch fanatics owning multiple pairs of Klipsch Heritage speakers. My one brother in law just took his sister in law yesterday to look at a pair of RB-75's and an RC-7 for her center and ended up walking out of the store with RF-7's and an RC-7 for the beginnings of her HT. I started with Forte's and a JBL sub back in the 80's and look what I have today! It just keeps getting better and better.

Top Ten reasons that Klipsch = Drugs

1. Totally habit forming

2. Pleasurable to an almost guilt causing degree

3. Buddies endlessly bug you for some

4. People take two-day-long trips across state lines to procure them

5. When you use them, everyone sees the altered mood

6. Often accompanied by glass and metal utensils for optimal use

7. Hooking them up with the best cables can make you feel a bit "wired"

8. Use in public is likely to cause visits/attention from local constabularies

9. Overuse/abuse can cause ear ringing (as with abuse of certain other pharmaceuticals)

10. It helps to have a connection when you need some - especially if you want that '70's good stuff!

If the Guvmint knew how pleasurable these are, they would be classified as a schedule 1 substance at once. Therefore, I propose the formation of an organization to be known as

K. A. R. E. (Klipsch Are Really Everything) to stand up for our right to put into our ears whatever we deem appropriate.

9.gif

This is a great thread, cyclone!

One of my closest friends, whom I don't get to see often enough, came over to experience my theater for the first time about 7 months ago. It's all Klipsch Reference Series, RF-7's, etc. Anyway, during his experience I remember his jaw literally dropping a few times. No less than 2 weeks later, he had a Klipsch Reference system in HIS house, RF-5's and the like! He had us over to hear his soon after. Klipsch are definietly addictive! 2.gif

Don't let this get out - the next thing you know Klipsch will have to put warning labels on their gear along the lines of 'addictive and habit forming' much like the gambling industry. There will be an 800 number to call for help and a twelve step program for those that recognize they have a problem.

We have already had to participate in two interventions. Please don't let it happen to your children....

My wife is a proud member of MAKO - Mothers against Klipsch Owners.

In the past week a sattelite repair gy came in to get the atellite going.He had Klipsch speaker from the series prior to the reference series and he was quite taken withthe sound of my system. xi don't know if he liked the tube amp or the newer klipsch speakers more.

I also had a friend over to listen to some music and hre loved the music.And kept saying its so clear,its so clear.

I showed him that by turning the volume down they still sounded good.The sound is more in proportion with tubes at low volume levels.I think we have another klipsch fan.

----------------

On 10/7/2004 6:30:21 AM lynnm wrote:

cyclonecj You are a prime SD!!

----------------

Yea.. I stirred it up good this time.

I love the top ten list .... Way too funny (must be cause it's true).

Fini... I am checking the list quite a bit right now..... There are 2 pairs of Heresy's right now that I may call on... One pair has been disassembled for restoring, then left. Price is right, so I may have to grab them.

And once you have speakers you like then on to different amp designs.

It is realy addictive.

then there is this Jolida CD player of Shape Shifters i heard last weekend. I still am not sure how to describe how nice it sounded.

If it opnly had a dark face plate i could maybe snaek it in the house.

If you snaek equipment in the house like me; you are hopeless.