Red Sox-Yankees

dgb

Those two plays were correctly reversed. The replays were patently obvious.

Red Sox make MLB history by being the only team to come back and tie a series at 3-3 after falling behind 3-0. Can they join the extremely short list of North American sports history-makers by pulling off another win tomorrow?

For the record, the "short list" consists of two NHL teams who successfully rebounded from a 3-0 deficit to win a best-of-seven series - hasn't been accomplished since 1975...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was said a couple of decades ago about a team:

"Do you believe in Miracles?"

Al Michaels, 1980

Did anyone believe that a young Fighter named Cassius Clay, now Muhammed Ali, could or would beat Sonny "the Bear" Liston?

GGOOOOOOO BBOOOOSSSTTTTOOOONNNNN

dodger

----------------

On 10/20/2004 12:24:57 AM dodger wrote:

"Do you believe in Miracles?"

----------------

The only thing that worries me, as a Sox fan, is that they're using up their miracles, and they're not even in the Series yet...

A team of destiny only gets so many miracles per run. That's kinda the way it works...

On the flip side of that argument, maybe the Pats' winning attitude and focus is starting to rub off on the Sox just a little bit...

That's your typical, classy, Yankee fan behaviour.

----------------

On 10/19/2004 11:45:04 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Great series! I also am rooting for the Redsox... I was however kind of dissapointed at the fans throwing all that crap out on the field. Then when they had the police in riot gear line the sides of the field, I thought to myself... where the heck are we.. in Brazil or something watching a soccer match? I admit there were a few screwy plays, but the umpires did an excellent job of making the right call.

----------------

One more game. The tide feels to have turned. The Sox knew they had that game the whole way. The Yanks are scuffling. The umps did a fantastic job of not letting the Yanks, and girly-slappy A-Job, steal away another pennant (remeber Jeffery Meyer?).

Schilling is officially a Boston sports legend now. Talk about a gutsy performance. Gotta love Bellhorn too, after being killed in the press all week, he puts the smack down to win the game.

----------------

On 10/19/2004 9:38:38 PM Griffinator wrote:

You'd better switch back - it's getting interesting now...

4-0 Sox in the 7th...

----------------

Eh? Is the game on now?

*edit* just checked the mlb site, it's not on. Dunno what you were getting at there Griffy.

Can you imagine the frayed nerves right now on the boston team as well as the fans?

I just want a good game as opposed to some anticlimactic blowout. Actually, I'm even torn on who I want to win. Why?

1. The Yankees are Darth Vader. Nobody likes Vader.

2. The Red Sox are pollyanna crybabies. ("We're cursed! Wah!")

So, we have the mortal incarnation of evil verses the world's biggest apologists. Bah! Vader should be beaten by a true champion! Like, say, the St. Louis Cardinals... :)

The next game should be exciting to baseball fans ( I am not but can understand why many others are ). This is the first time in history where a team has come back from a 3 game deficit in a series and forced a seventh game.

Enjoy the game my baseball loving friends !

----------------

On 10/20/2004 10:37:14 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 10/20/2004 10:35:01 PM nicholtl wrote:

Here we go...9th inning...is the curse real...?

----------------

Dunno. But if it is, it's about to be broken.
16.gif

----------------

LOL moon. Ain't looking so good for dem Yankees, is it?

David4.gif