"Field of Dreams"

dodger

Hello:

After the playoffs are finished and as we await the World Series we may want to relax. Or we may need some more baseball.

This is a movie we can sit with our young ones (I have no children, but a lot of Nieces and Nephews), our loved ones or just enjoy it by ourselves.

What some have called hokie, but I call a just feel good movie that I would recommend for all, especially families is "Field of Dreams. It helps in what I noted in the last paragraph.

A pleasant film with a point we can all identify with from one stance or another. Time with Family. I miss my Father, I miss playing catch with him. Seeing this movie has brought out emotions and a point of comfort.

Not all movies have to be bloody - seen too much of that in real life - not all have to be disastors, or depict them.

A simple "If you build it, HE will come." A nice way to bring a Father back, or the happy memory.

Maybe we could have a Klipsch baseball team LOL I'm in left!

dodger

----------------

On 10/19/2004 2:55:05 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

I love this movie as well as The Natural. Both are outstanding baseball, feel good movies.

Scooter

----------------

Yeah, we're kids again......

Part of The Natural was filmed not that far away - near a great Prime rib Restaurant - The Red Osier. Ben may know that one. Great Food!

Thinking of all of this brings the line from "My Back Pages" - "Ah, but I was so much older then.. I'm younger than that now..."

dodger

----------------

On 10/19/2004 3:30:11 PM neomartic wrote:

What about great football movies, since it is football season. First let me bring to everyones attention, the great, RUDY!!!!

----------------

You're right, apologies over the the oversight. Also Hockey (AHL, Other Leagues) and Basketball to start in a bit.

Since Abbie Wambugh is from my area, Soccer and of course Rugby and Lacrosse.

Didn't mean to play favorites, was just concentrating on the one movie and my childhood.

dodger

Great movie...great characters.....

Another good Baseball movie is FOR LOVE OF THE GAME....love story and baseball....starring the Costner again....

Also...MAJOR LEAGUE is a good baseball movie...funny....

there are plenty of good Baseball movies....

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 11/1/2004 2:51:43 PM mandi wrote:

I think I like Radio a little better than Rudy. I hope they make a movie out of Grisham's book, Bleachers.

----------------

I read Grisham's Bleachers yesterday on my flight...

Great book....I two hope it becomes a movie....

I also read Grisham's Skipping Christmas....another great book...very funny and will be a movie this year.....