RRRGH!!! RSW-15 just up and quits 2nd Sub to go out

bchild311

It's sad that a fine name like Klipsch is associated with an audio 'meat market' like this "Ultimate". I've no direct experience with this dealer, but it seems painfully obvious, from tales such as these AND my own personal experiences, that Klipsch has a LOT of room for improvement in their dealer network. These kind of bad experiences can cost a company more than they realize. Weeding out the 'dead wood' in their dealer network and some general butt-kicking seems like it ought to be a high priority in Hope.

Wow, you would think Klipsch would do better picking who sells there stuff. Belive it or not thou, where I shop I have always had good service. I accidently broke an RF-3II woofer and they replaced it for free. I also broke a crossover in an RS-3II accident and to make a long story short, they fixed that for free. These types of accidents are not useally covered. Each fix took about a week, but thats ok. On top of that to, I get grat deals there. Altought for the picky people, the service might be slow in the store because there busy. 4 or 5 people in the store and 10 custumers, I can't blame them for being busy. But the guy I talk to useally comes to me after he isn't busy anymore even if I don't say anything. Although if its anything, they record everything. From what you bought, to how much you spent and on what day. Even with layaways they will have a recording for each payment and there usally isn't a due date. Altought they aren't the smartest audio people such as people here, they know alot about they sell compared to other stores. Anyway, hope your RSW-15 comes back good. I like mine so I can understand how you would miss yours.

CD

i've been lookin' to upgrade and my only real choice in Austin Texas seems to be Ultimate. This string gives me the heebies. I bought my two channel system from a great store in the late eighties, Hi Fidelity. It went out of business a year or so ago, and we're left with, you guessed it Ultimate as one of the few places to buy Klipsch equipment. Well, there Best Buy. nuf said.

The youngster at Ultimate seems diligent, but this string isn't good.

'Pinkski ... I'd put my money on Ultimate over Best Buy anyday though. I think I must have one of the more pathetic Ultimate shops in my area. They really didn't used to be this bad. Best Buy isn't even authorized to sell Reference series components. I would buy online before going there.

I called the 'Express' Service shop that is doing the repair on this speaker on Friday. The guy was supposed to call me back and let me know where the 'part' was. He didn't even know it was a subwoofer. So frustrating. I finally had to call back myself and had another guy tell me everything I already knew, which was basically nothing. My 'part' is floating around somewhere and my nice black finised RSW is sitting in some shop somewhere collecting dust. I'm going to raise hell if the sub is returned in any less condition than when I left it. I can already picture the dings and scraps in the nice wood.

RRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

I'm pretty surprised Ultimate didn't call and just get you a new amp module. It isn't particularly difficult to replace the amp module and 99.99% of the time, it fixes the problem in a sub. We've had our share of failures from products of all sorts over the years, but I have to say that the **very** few failures we've had with Klipsch have been taken care of with lightning speed. I'd call them directly and chances are they will take good care of you.

Also, be careful buying online. Many online dealers are NOT authorized and this means if you get something like a sub and you do have a problem, you are flat out of luck since you have zero warranty. Klipsch isn't fooling around with the unauthorized sales thing and they are willing to lose sales to keep things clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to continue a bad experience like this but I want to share this with everyone and anyone who has or will ever shop at Ultimate Electronics. I have just gone through the worst customer service experience of my life. Not only did they provide me with horrible service, elusive phone operators, un-educated answers to the products issues, and sometimes even plain stupidity, I got to pick up my subwoofer with damage to the wood. They wheeled it out to me on a dolly and told me to hold on to it to make sure it didn't fall off. Then I had to tell the kid who was wheeling it out to my car to please stop so that I could inspect the condition of the speaker before I left with it. To my dismay, but not complete surprise, it had numerous knicks in the wood and damage to one of the corners as if it had been dropped. Wow great service guys! So professional! Here is an excerpt from the email I wrote to the store manager, sorry for the length, but you Ultimate customers may thank me:

Dear Matt Brown,

I'm so discouraged with my experience with Ultimate Electronics as of late. I've been a customer with you for over 10 years now and expect something of a satisfactory customer service level when one of the products purchased from you has a problem. The last 6 weeks though in dealing with this subwoofer has been nothing short of a complete nightmare and has left me extremely disgruntled with Ultimate Electronics' performance. From the initial moment when I brought the subwoofer in for repair I was met with resistance. 2 of your employees immediately said, "Sorry we can't help you because you didn't buy an extended warranty." Knowing this might happen I had called beforehand and made sure that the RSW15 model was covered under 5 years. After about 20 min and Chad stepping into the situation we finally resolved the fact that it indeed had a 5 year warranty. I had carefully packed my subwoofer in all the original packaging to make sure that nothing happened to it during service. I had every single piece of packaging in that box. Unfortuneately it was all for naught because the service policy, as you know, is to ship the product without packaging or accessories. I specifically asked Chad and the other employees helping me that night if anything would happen to the subwoofer. They assured me it would be fine and that they would bubble wrap it etc. I already had a horrible feeling about this and this only added to the anxiety. And so began the servicing of the subwoofer. I was told that it may be done in as little as 10 days but to expect a 14-21 day turnaround. I was willing to work with that. When I called to check on my status of the subwoofer using the #540273 service tag you provided I spoke with Bob and he had no clue what was going on with my sub. He never returned any calls when he said that he would and I always had to call back and speak to someone else. In total I made over twenty phone calls trying to figure out what was wrong with the servicing of this sub. I heard several excuses to why the delay. Everything from they were waiting on parts, to they lost the paperwork, to the truck it was being transported in wrecked, and a few others. It was only after I pleaded with Armando at Express Service to give me the actual phone number to where the subwoofer was being serviced that I got anywhere. I finally talked with Jason there and he knew exactly what was up. He quickly took care of the problem and had it up and going within just a couple of hours. He was even nice enough to make sure it got on the truck to Orem that same day. That was Monday the 29th of November of 2004. Unfortuneately it didn't make it to Orem that day as promised. Nor did it make it the next day. It was only after I again made the effort to call you that I found out that the sub was back in Orem and ready to be picked up. After asking Josh in your store's service department why he didn't let me know about the sub he said that my information on the ticket was incorrect. After 20 phone calls I have a hard time accepting this.

You may be able to feel a little of my discouragement by now Matt. Now to top off this whole awful experience with Ultimate Electronics I get to receive my subwoofer in worse condition than I left it. Damaged and with knicks and scratches on the fine wood that it's made with. Needless to say my opinion of Ultimate has been greatly jeaoparidized by this and I feel that you have shown me nothing even close to professional customer service in this regard. It is an insult to me that you would have to ask me for photos to verify the fact that I actually take care of my home theater equipment. Especially when you have another person from your company, Jason, who will back me with his testimony of the condition of the subwoofer. I know that you understand that this particular model is expensive and is of fine quality, and that one would be foolish to not take care of it. Despite all of this I have provided you with patience and photos as I have said I would to help extinguish all your doubts of my integrity. If there is any ounce of desire for you to help redeem the name Ultimate Electronics and your service dept please take care of a loyal and long-time customer in this incidence. I hope to remedy this situation as soon as possible and in a professional manner.

I am prepared to take this issue up with Dave Workman. I have already spoken with his administrative assistant about this. I am also prepared to take this issue up with Klipsch directly. As one of their dealers they should know how people are taking care of their customers. I have posted a thread in the klipsch forum about this very experience which you can see documented at this link:

Like I said, Matt, please help me feel good about buying my components at Ultimate Electronics. Please contact me at the soonest possible sign of resolve.

Thanks for your understanding in this and hope to hear from you soon ...

7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif

I would have been screaming at the owner of that Ultimate Electronics. I would have not left the store without a brand spanking new subwoofer.

I got better service from Velodyne for a 8 year old used F-1500R that did not even have a S/N.

Sad, very sad. I would have expected that Klipsch send out a replacement amplifier immediately to Ultimate and the sub go nowhere! Ridiculous!

Seismic ... It's been almost 1.5 weeks now since getting the damaged sub back and still no resolution. The manager at Ultimate Electronics here is "trying to work something out." So we'll see what lame thing they come up with to compensate for hackin' on a $1500 subwoofer.

I've made 3 calls to him and 2 calls to the people that actually did the service on the sub. I've also emailed them more photos of what the sub looked like beforehand. Its a simple thing, you'd think.

I'll let you know when I do. Thanks for askin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Well fellas, almost 2 months since I first took the subwoofer in. And yes they did get it fixed but the damage was still done and there is still yet to be any resolution for what they did. I have not heard so much as a phone call from the manager at Ultimate Electronics despite all his promises to fix this problem. I have been patient enough I think. I hope that the moderator for this forum is seeing the type of distributor that they have in Utah here and can pass the info along to the higher-ups at Klipsch. Poor service. Very, very, poor.

I'm going to call again tomorrow. The saga continues ...

----------------

On 12/20/2004 11:25:28 PM bchild311 wrote:

Well fellas, almost 2 months since I first took the subwoofer in. And yes they did get it fixed but the damage was still done and there is still yet to be any resolution for what they did. I have not heard so much as a phone call from the manager at Ultimate Electronics despite all his promises to fix this problem. I have been patient enough I think. I hope that the moderator for this forum is seeing the type of distributor that they have in Utah here and can pass the info along to the higher-ups at Klipsch. Poor service. Very, very, poor.

I'm going to call again tomorrow. The saga continues ...

----------------

bchild-if you do not get resolution the next time you speak to the manager, ask for his immediate supervisor and fill him in on the situation. I urge you to continue this procedure until YOU are SATISFIED with the damage they did to your subwoofer. Make sure to keep us posted.

David

Bchild, just reading that is pissing me off!

It seems like you've done everything that my advice would have been. Heckle them until they deal with you. Well might I suggest you calling them once a day at the minimum until the problem is resolved? They have no business in ignoring you or the situation. In fact, why are you hesitating at calling the Ultimate corporate offices? Do it! This is very unprofessional in how they handled your problem, your equipment, and now you! Do not stand for it!! Do NOT let them make the decision of what they are going to do. You tell them. THEY OWE YOU A BRAND NEW SUBWOOFER. Period.

What a bunch of COMPLETE IDIOTS at Ultimate! We audiofiles keep our original boxes for decades if necessary and these clowns discard it so they can beat up your $1500 sub! I just moved from my country home and had stereo boxes from 8 years there and from equipment purchased probably 10 years before that. It takes up a huge pile in the basement, but it's there for next time.

With all the $$ you've dropped on Klipsch gear, the only resolution to this is a new, in box unit to replace the one of your's that they've damaged. If a sub cabinet has taken such a hit that it dented the cabinet, it's probably shaken something else, like a joint or a brace, loose. The only resolution is a NEW SPEAKER.

C'mon Customer Service, it's only cost to you guys, but it's your reputation to us. What's it worth to ya? Please take care of our members!

Michael

Bchild 311,

I do understand your frustration. Please PM us here in support support@Klipsch.com or call 1-800-554-7724 option 2 home audio tech support and we can provide you with the Klipsch Representative contact person who works with Ultimate Electronics stores who may be able to get involved and offer some assistance.

• Like 1