Anyone seen/heard the new synergy series speakers?

ARPRINCE

my big problem with the whole thing was that the display looked like crap didnt work correctly,and was wired with cheesy wireing.

if i remember ill take a couple of pics and post them here,

im sure the line of speakers will be good bang for the buck in the entry level part of our hobby.

but first impressions are hard to shake

jay

in omaha

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 11/9/2004 1:45:12 PM Dre wrote:

Anyway, I think that trey is right that you need to get out and give them a listen before you pass judgement, because they really are above and beyond the products on the BBY show floor.

----------------

I've visited multiple times at the local Best Buy (I live only about 2 miles from the store), and listened to these things nearly everytime I went in.

To be honost, I am very impressed with the F-3s. I found these speakers to be way superior to anything at Best Buy (and also to many modals across the street at Tweeter). Of course, it cracks me up that right next to the Klipsch display (which at the Best Buy here in F'burg, is actually setup very nicely, uses good quality wire, and everything works correctly) is the Bose display!

You can so very easily tell which brand is truly superior here (and it is the brand with the same first letter as my last name). Listening to the exact same thing on the Klipsch, and then on the Bose, the deficiecies in the Bose is so clear.

I personally think Klipsch did an excellent job with these speakers.

Now, I hear there are new subs coming out. Are there also going to be new satellite type speakers (an upgrade to the Quintets?) coming out also?

hello,

iv'e owned the f3 speaker set up for about a month now and i can say they that are amazing.i guess i have never really heard a good speaker before because these amaze me in differnt ways about every time i listen to them.right now im waiting on our best buy to get in the c3 and s3 speakers to complete the surround set up.i am using a denon 3803 to power them with 10 guage speaker that has some fancy plugs.i enjoy coming to this forum and reading peoples opinions and their ideas.when i went to best buy, i literally had no idea that i was buying anything.i knew the name klipsch from the computer speakers , but whoa these speaks looked wicked and i had to have them.to be honest , they didnt even have them set up.they had them up on a shelf.it was definetly a impulse buy.it turned out great because ill never choose another brand of speakers.not to bore you much longer, but tonight my wife and i were playing a game on the xbox and we heard stuff being said behind us.my wife said "the speakers are in front of us", i said "i know, whoa that was cool!"

I think its good that Klipsch is getting distribution thru Best Buy for the reasons Trey stated. But, its disapointing that the price of this was pulling distribution from Tweeter. Their sales staff seem light years more interested in klipsh (and audio period) than best buy (granted I've only been to a few Tweeters, but I've been to a bunch of Best Buys).

Trey, would it be fair to say that the agreement with Best buy was contingent on pulling Tweeter. I'm sure the swap was worth it in dollars to klipsh, but I see very few posts here on quality klipsch dealers, (especially reference). Where I'm at there are none. The one I went to (on the klipsch web site in connecticut) didn't even stock any klipsch (and one of the salesman said "I hope we never do, we're a high end shop, but the owner will likely carry them". His comments were humerous as he also stocked paradigm, which isn't any more high end than klipsch. There are excellent reference dealers (classic Stereo and Ovation in Indiana to name a couple and others have named a few), but there seems to be a lot of negative posts regarding reference dealers. Tweeter seemed fair and enthusiastic at least.

iv had mine for a few weeks now birthday gift before i got the SF 3 i looked in to 2 other speakers and found that these where what i wanted in the 1000.00

b&W DM603 S3 with tax came to 1200.00

weak in the highs and with out a sub had hard time with movie tracks

boston vr2 with tax arond 1000.00

clean sounding when i listen to them they were running a 100 w ch rotel amp which i belive to be nice they seemed to run out of top end with med levels

and 250 wh being there top fig my 555 whould trash them first night at home

klipch SF3 with tax 740.00

where top in all i was looking for and had money left over for SS1

----------------

On 11/12/2004 7:22:00 AM v3spitfire wrote:

I think its good that Klipsch is getting distribution thru Best Buy for the reasons Trey stated. But, its disapointing that the price of this was pulling distribution from Tweeter. Their sales staff seem light years more interested in klipsh (and audio period) than best buy (granted I've only been to a few Tweeters, but I've been to a bunch of Best Buys).

----------------

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. There are no authorized Reference dealers in this city, but there are about 5 within 90 minutes of here.

I finally had a chance to audition the new synergy series. The F2 was great but the bass seamed lacking and so as the F1. The F3 was particularly outstanding!!!

The Klispch listening area was not properly arranged. Some of the speakers were not even connected (i.e. the surrounds and one of the book shelves, hires hanging out). The subs were kindda garbled when I tested it too.

If I was a potential customer and would try listening to the speakers who are not properly arranged or connected, I would just leave that area and would have a negative impression on them. Klipsch should hire something like a "merchandising" company to assess their displays even on a monthly basis. I don't know if BB does it for them but from where I checked it (Secaucus NJ), the display was a little "crappy" IMHO.

Anyway, I also listened to the JBL Northridge E80 and honestly, it was not even on the same level to the F1. All I hear was a hiss and no bass output whatsoever.

Well I have 2 comments.

1. Rowe Video and Audio is our Reference Dealer. Also the Dealer for McIntosh, Paradigm, Definitive Technologies, Pioneer Elite. One could not ask for Sales Clerks that know their Products (a few own Klipsch) better than Rowe. They don't play the game of one system louder than the other, they have brochures and they have loyal Customers - including Custom Installers - I would count myself in that bracket.

I would not buy elsewhere - even the used equipment is priced very fairly.

2. Last Thursday I went to the Henrietta Best Buy. NO KLIPSCH HOOKED UP. Any Klipsch was strewn around, had scuff marks - basically was made to look like the cheapest brand. No sound rooms, no ability for side by side comparison, Klipsch had a little tiny space with no pricing, floor models not marked - a mess. Worse than my basement and boy you have to go some for that.

If I walked in to buy - even after researching - I would turn around and walk OUT. Bose was clean, others were clean. This was deplorable. About the only thing worse was step vans selling stolen merchandise that were arrested.

Then there was the fun of finding the invisible Sales Clerk Timed 8 minutes 42 seconds. Did they know the Products - NO.

I realize that not all Best Buys are not like the one I was in. The time was about 1450 hours, no rush time, no big sales.

Just a disappointment.

dodger

I think it was a mistake for Klipsch to pull there speakers out of Tweeter they at least carried the ref line thats where I heard Klipsch for the first time they have listening rooms and a somewhat knowlegable staff Best Buy is the worst the staff doesn't have a clue and no listening rooms

If someone did not know about Klipsch and goes to BB all they are able to see are entry speakers mabee not knowing of the ref or heratige line just my 2 cents2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

after further reading it looks like the F3 is the SF3 replacement, which copied the RF3 design, but slightly different components?

I'm looking for bang for buck here, and right now, the SF-3 for $400-500/pair is looking better than the F-3 for $600-800/pair.

If anyone has any input, I would appreciate hearing it.

All I can say it that I am more than happy with my older Synergy stuff...it is entry-level for sure, but for the $ spent IMO there is nothing better. I had purchased a pair of SB-2's and a KSW-12 to go with my 2-channel system and to run the television sound through. I then decided to go for the rest of the system, and bought a like-new SC-1 center channel on eBay for a good deal, and then got the last pair of SB-1's at the local BB on a closeout deal for $149. Went very entry on the receiver with a Pioneer VSX-514. But, for the money spent I am overwhelmingly happy with the clean, accurate sound the system gives us. Some day, maybe I will upgrade all the way around...and you can bet it will be Klipsch still!9.gif

Guest Anonymous

well, i am not going to lie when i say that i do not really like best buy and it has been the source of many issues, but consider this..

best buy started in the mid 80's and in that time about 20 years it is the # 1 speacilty retailer in the world they gross more money and move more product than any other speacilty retailer

circuit city has been around since 1954 and they too were once number one, but they just had poor marketing and couldn't hold on and their stock is worth pennies on wall street not to mention they pay divdends so its not even a stock that will make big gains

best buy has over 800 stores in less than 30 years and has 7 store models and employs a lot of people. In all this time I would have to say that they are doing something right? its not possible to be as bad as everyone here says or they wouldn't still be in buisness... furthermore their stock is worth 4 times that of circuit city

now all i am saying is that ther is obviously a great deal of loyality to their stores and it was a great idea that klipsch put its products into that store. I only see positive things for both companies,

personally i would much rather see an american company selling a large quantity of speakers than some horriffic sony speakers. I could guarentee that klipsch has had a massive increase in revenue for their company since moving the synergy line to bb.... therefore having the money to to research to improve the refrence line etc

Also tweeter as a company has been loosing lots and lots of money. They only had 2 years of growth before the market changed and really really started to get away from places like tweeter, where you are dealing with a commisioned salesmen in suites. Its just not desirable anymore as a mas market. Therefore klipsch probably got out at the perfect time. Also it is a fact that tweeter is not doing bad because klipsch left. Their format is just not wanted.

Take this for what it is worth but it is true. Although probably all of us do not like the format of bb or cc or fry's or whatever, most of us are not average consumers, we are more educated and will go to places that deal on a more professional level where places are more up to our standards.

In comparasion people that don't know anything about electronics may shop at bb, but they may be fine wine conassiuers and they won't buy their wine from the local grocery store but rather a fine wine shop that sells vinntages.

Tell me if i am wrong, but i see a great deal of logic in this?

The synergy line never did get much love here. I absolutely think they rock. I got a pair of sf-2's pre best buy if that makes any difference at all. Alot of people hear these speakers with cheap electronics. If one were to give a listen with good seperates, and treat them like they were reference series they would be in a world of good listening for a good price.

Alot of companies concentrate on the tweeter or just one component in this price range. I don't even know how Klipsch managed to give what they did before best buy( prices where much better). The only thing I don't like about best buy is it drove the prices up. Mine look like the day I bought them mint as can be. They are built extremely well I have completely blasted them with volume for years and they sound excellent. Especially if you team them up with a seperate amp. You won't even think about upgrading your speakers then. I am serious how many have actually heard these through a seperate setup? Amazing!

>>> Take this for what it is worth but it is true. Although probably all of us do not like the format of bb or cc or fry's or whatever, most of us are not average consumers, we are more educated and will go to places that deal on a more professional level where places are more up to our standards. <<<

I agree with the first part of your post.. it is tough to argue with success and BB is a success. But, I take issue with the above.

I think the market model has changed. Most of us today have computers and the Internet. When I decided to jump back into HT after 25 years of not following the audio market and trends, I did what I always do as a consumer. I did my research on the Internet, through numerous boards like this one, AVS, Home Theater, alt.audio.equipment and others.

Then I went and listened at Tweeters, BB and small specialty boutique audio and HT shops.

What I found out:

The small specialty shop had me listen to Paradigm M-7s, but then told me that they would really rather sell me the 11s as the 7s wouldn't be right for my room. They then gave me a quote on a system with a Pioneer Elite in it, which was at least $1000 over what I finally paid for a better system at BB. They had nice furniture and nice listening rooms, but, there was LOTs they didn't tell me and they really weren't looking to get me the best value for the dollar. Well, they may have been, but only after their high margin was satisfied.

The Tweeter guys were no more knowledgeable than the BB guys and I knew no more about the subject matter than BB people did. They didn't add any value whatsoever and tried to sell me Polk and then Sapphire. I liked the Saphhire and have a friend that works there, but here again, I was looking at $2500 ~ $3K for what I eventually paid less than $2K for at BB.

So, then I went to BB. I went during the week, during the day, in the morning and had the HT area to myself. I brought in a half dozen of my on CDs and was given carte-blanche to listen to the F-3 demo as loud as I liked. The demo was set up nicely and was driven by a high end Yamaha. I put them through a number of types of music, movies and volumes. I finally purchased a Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K receiver and a set of F-3s/KSW-12/S-2s and a C-2 for way under @2K. package deal from BB, that essentially gives you a free receiver if you compare MSRP prices.

So, plain and simple. I like paying the lowest price I can. I like getting quality products and I am willing to take ownership for getting consumer smart on my own. I walked out of BB with much more for my money than Tweeter or the Specialty shop could sell me for the same money. I know it isn't "high-end" equipment, but it is excellent equipment $ for value and now I have money left over for room furniture, my new higher end digital camera, lots of new chrome for my motorcycle, tuition payments and book payments for my two kids in college, X-mas presents for the rest of the family, food for the table, gas for the car and bones for the dog.

Maybe most people don't do all the research I did, although I didn't do that much, but buying at a speciality store these days just isn't in the cards for anyone like me that is looking for best value for the dollar. If Mr. Specialty store could have said "well, you can buy the Pioneer VSX 1014TX for $500 less than this Elite and get essentially the same unit." Then he might have built some crediibility with me and I could have taken his word on buying M-11s "unheard" based on his opinion. But, that wasn't the case.

I'm not a gabillionaire and can't afford unlimited dollars for a high end system, so thank you very much Klipsch and BB for teaming and giving me such a great value for my hard earned cash.

Rock on! and Ride safe!

Guest Anonymous

well people do their research, but hear me out.... most people do not have the patience and usually don't even think about the speacilty shops... you went out did your research looked at those places dealt with people that knew their stuff dealt with idiots, but in the end you got what was right for you which was at bb.....

but that is exactly what seperates you from the average consumer is that you went out and looked at all those places and found exactly what you wanted...

rather than just going straight to bb or cc because that is where you always go.... that is all that i am saying

Great reply Steve! I feel the same as you do.

my two dollars and fifty cents:

I've been to a lot of different places, and talked to a lot of different people. And most of the idiots that I ran into, came from just about anywhere.

Spec. shops didn't have a clue about the recent history of the Synergy line. And really was a complete tool. Just wanting to sell me something I didn't need. Might as well of tried selling me a new hammer, or duct tape; as I wasn't buying a new amp/preamp or "elite" receiver. :) I like my Yamaha. I'd like separates, but not now.

The BB guy where I went, just for the hell of it; was probably the biggest fan and most knowledgeable salesmen I've seen in years. They didn't have the new F-3's on display as they were working on the section. It's disappointing, but I'm not buying them to listen to at BB, so I don't really care how they sound there. I can always go back, there are bb's everywhere... But usually the people there don't have a clue. Good attitude, but clueless.

So it really doesn't matter where they come from or where they work, I'm going to go with the person that Knows what is what, and isn't just working on increasing his commission. I was in sales, I know what it's like. That's why I left sales, because I sold sh!t, and I had a bad conscience for selling it.

This all boils down to making a informed decision. I too, have done my research; and I'm still doing it here.

RF35 are avail. for the same as the F-3, give or take a few $$. SF-3's are available for about $200 less, a pair.

Just wondering what that few extra dollars is going to get me.

Doesn't seem like I'll be disappointed in any direction...

Thanks everyone for there input!