dvd holders

iwillwalk

----------------

On 11/4/2004 7:11:19 PM iwillwalk wrote:

i'm looking for one like a book like you would keep cd's in your car,but for my dvd's so every time someone comes over i dont here "can i borrow a movie?

----------------

I would guess that a good quality one that works for CD's should also work for DVD's.

here is one by Case Logic (which are a good brand).

Case Logic does have some good stuff, BUT.... it seems no matter how careful, you will eventually scratch them up. I tried this already with cd's.

I would just come out and tell who ever asks to borrow a movie, "Homie doesn't play that" LOL, I have learned in the past that it just isn't worth having something returned in far less shape than it was when you loaned it. I have maybe one or two people that I trust, but other than that I just say no, I would rather not. If they are good friends, they will respect your decision. When it comes to CD's I get out of it by offering to just burn them a copy, then I have nothing at all to worry about. DVD burning however is a whole nother ball game.

Case Logic does have some good stuff, BUT.... it seems no matter how careful, you will eventually scratch them up. I tried this already with cd's.

I would just come out and tell who ever asks to borrow a movie, "Homie doesn't play that" LOL, I have learned in the past that it just isn't worth having something returned in far less shape than it was when you loaned it. I have maybe one or two people that I trust, but other than that I just say no, I would rather not. If they are good friends, they will respect your decision. When it comes to CD's I get out of it by offering to just burn them a copy, then I have nothing at all to worry about. DVD burning however is a whole nother ball game.

----------------

On 11/4/2004 11:09:37 PM edwinr wrote:

No matter what cases I've tried, all my good CD's have ended up getting scratched. So reluctantly I have resorted to burning CD's just for the car. When someone comes up with a really good case design, I'll be lining up.

----------------

I always burn a copy of my CDs for the car. I keep the originals in thier original jewel cases. That is one of the reasons why I do not like all this recent push by the record industy to put copy protecton on CDs, then hide behind the DMCA and scream foul whenever somebody breaks the copy protection to make a personal copy. But that is for another thread...

http://www.slappa.com/ These blow away the competition bigtime! At least they did when I was looking for some, and I did a ton of research like I do on everthing I buy. I held off getting anything like this. I have always thought it was cool, but nothing was a good enough quality or had the classy looks I was looking for. Nice stylin and heavy duty you won't beat it in price either. I wrote about this awhile back. It's great having your dvd's in these cases. It takes up so much space it's crazy for those little things. A little case will hold 40. Well take a look and you will see their the best.

Put DVD on book shelf in their cases...

Then go to Salvation army or some cheap place that sells books taller then DVD cases...

Cut books so they are about 1-2" deep.....

then glue together so they stick out at various distances...

Then place in front of DVD....nobody knows they are behind them hehehe

Get creative....

Hey can I borrow a few?

Unless you take in strays or the homeless, it's too late, as your friends already know what you have there, and have compiled a list to distribute in the hood.

JUST SAY NO!

Or the Case Logic's with the ring binders are very nice, as you don't have to move them all, to put a new 1 in order. Just picked one up last week at Office Depot, $14, holds 60 something.