WOW - what picture quality

Tom Adams

This past weekend we stopped in my local Klipsch dealer to see my friend & salesman Mark (hadn't seen him in a few months). They had re-done a good bit of the sales floor and had this Samsung 46" DLP TV prominently displayed.

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=HLP4674WX%2fXAA

The wife took one look at it and said, "OMG! I've got to have that!" And for the first time in my life, I tried to talk her out of a piece of A/V equipment by saying it wouldn't fit the TV opening above our fireplace. She asked Mark for the dimensions, he told her and she said, "SEE??? It'll fit. I've got to have that!"

I must admit, the image was outstanding. And I'd really like to buy her one. But DAMMIT - I want my projector first! 15.gif

Tom

----------------

On 11/9/2004 12:53:39 PM Tom Adams wrote:

This past weekend we stopped in my local Klipsch dealer to see my friend & salesman Mark (hadn't seen him in a few months). They had re-done a good bit of the sales floor and had this Samsung 46" DLP TV prominently displayed.

The wife took one look at it and said, "OMG! I've got to have that!" And for the first time in my life, I tried to talk her out of a piece of A/V equipment by saying it wouldn't fit the TV opening above our fireplace. She asked Mark for the dimensions, he told her and she said, "SEE??? It'll fit. I've got to have that!"

I must admit, the image was outstanding. And I'd really like to buy her one. But DAMMIT - I want my projector first!
15.gif

Tom

----------------

I wish I had that problem2.gif

i have to agree with you , wait and get a projector!!!

and tell your wife that size does matter (screen size!!that is lol)

a good hd projector will have just as good or better pic quality as a smaller dlp set, just make sure you invest in a good screen (read stewart filmscreens)

jay

----------------

On 11/10/2004 1:33:20 AM Ou8thisSN wrote:

I have yet to have been impressed by the PQ of any DLP tv. they are all so pixellated and unbarable to watch. Although I watched it only at Best Buy... where did you guys go? i'm assuming it must be Best Buy's source, but i've been to different ones in different states, same deal.

----------------

??????????????????best buy???????????

unbearable?????

compared to what???your eyes and a sunny day???

so what, you have a high end crt projector, and you

like "wearing your sunglasses at night"???

jay

Tom: A close friend of mine bought a Samsung 46" DLP in the middle of last winter and I must say, after seeing it, I agree that it has an outstanding picture. Must be why I've read that it's currently the largest-selling DLP rear-projection set on the market. However, in comparison to my own 78" Stewart Greyhawk Screen and Sharpvision DLP front-projection combination, and as good as the Samsung performs, I still prefer my own setup to that of the Samsung. It's much more Cinema-like. Best of luck with SWMBO!2.gif

Let me clarify guys...

We currently have a garden variety Toshiba TV in the cavity above our flewless gas fireplace. The cavity is (much) bigger than the TV and the wife hates it. This is where she wants to put the DLP.

The dedicated HT room will get a projector & screen. No doubt. It's just the timing and priority of things - i.e. the money tree out back has lost almost all of it's leaves!8.gif

As to the comment of lousy PQ....all I can say is that the wife & I just kept starring at it and saying, "OMG, look at that!" It was being driven by literally a $180 Samsung DVD player.

Tom

After viewing all of the room setups with projectors, DLP's, etc, at my local audio shop (high rent district too) I came away very un-impressed especially with the projectors. They fuzzed up the picture so bad and at the same time the contrast and brightness was probably cut in half from the floor models.

My Sony KV-34-HS510 blew them all away. I forgave them however as they carried Klipsch products.

JJK