Pricey EICO HF-81 Just went up on Audiogon

No Disc

If it sounds like it should sound with what has been done to it, it is worth every bit of the asking price. The one Craig did for me was a really, really nice, sweet sounding piece of gear. Sometimes I wish I had never sold it and I got $800.00 for mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought the assembled might be interested to know that this amp eventually went to a Klipsch guy, namely me. I was scared off by the price too, but when the seller lowered it to $499 and then offered an additional discount, I couldn't say no. When I found out who the seller was I felt even better about the deal... this amp is a chassis-up rebuild by Dan Nicotera, one of the gurus-in-residence at the EICO TUBE AMP yahoo group... guy really knows his stuff. Can't say why he didn't go for higher end parts, but I am geeked about the unit nevertheless. I am hoping I get the HF-81 in hand before the holiday break, since I now have a pair of Cornies to go with my La Scalas!

I will let everybody know how it sounds...

Chris

----------------

On 12/14/2004 10:37:36 AM ZplyonZ wrote:

Thought the assembled might be interested to know that this amp eventually went to a Klipsch guy, namely me. I was scared off by the price too, but when the seller lowered it to $499 and then offered an additional discount, I couldn't say no. When I found out who the seller was I felt even better about the deal... this amp is a chassis-up rebuild by Dan Nicotera, one of the gurus-in-residence at the EICO TUBE AMP yahoo group... guy really knows his stuff. Can't say why he didn't go for higher end parts, but I am geeked about the unit nevertheless. I am hoping I get the HF-81 in hand before the holiday break, since I now have a pair of Cornies to go with my La Scalas!

I will let everybody know how it sounds...

Chris----------------

Yup Dan and I converse back and forth through email all the time. We even trade parts and tricks from time to time in fact I wouldn't be surprised if one side panel on your amp came from me I sent him a spare I had not long ago . Should be a great amp for you.

Craig

Did you catch the cat on the Eico list posting about a Eico HF-12 Ebay auction that came out at $999?

He posted a link for the auction, I tried to pull it up, but Ebay sh*tcanned it or sumthin....

I just wanna know if it was BS, or whatever.

I thought the 7 thousand dollar Tannoy Black was insane....