Paradigm Speakers

gilead78

To me it sounds as if you are trying to reafirm your decision by asking us about your likes. in all honesty we can offer advice however, this is a klipsch board so you will not always like the answers you get. Most of us have listened to lots and lots of different speakers but in the end we bought klipsch, hence the reason we are here. If you only like cone type speakers then you might have better feedback on the AVS board about many different types. Enjoy your stay and listen to some great advice and then go out and spend some real listening time at your local Klipsch dealer. If you want to invest in the heritage line then ask our members here who might live close to you for a demo.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Scooter

I find this differentiation of Paradigm being "cone speakers" kinda funny. Because if you're talking about any of the newer designs from klipsch, the only thing that's horn loaded is the tweeter. Midrange, woofer, and subwoofer on all new reference and synergy are not horn loaded. But both Paradigm and Klipsch are box speakers that use conventional cone drivers to produce sound. Just stating the facts, which you guys are well aware of already to make a point.

Paradigms are one of the great "Cluck for the buck" speakers out there, imo. The Paradigm Reference speakers are right up there with the cream of the "high end", but at real world prices, kinda like Klipsch Reference. The sound is very different, though. Smoother than klipsch, but less punchy. My last sampling of Paradigm sound was impressive, but not overly so. I think the problems were all set-up and room related, though.

When I was looking for my home theater system, I went through alot of listening sessions. I had it down to Klipsch, PSB and Paradigm in that order. My buddy who went with me had it PSB, Klipsch and Paradigm. So I guess its up to your tastes. You should go and compare them.

• Like 1

----------------

On 11/25/2004 12:21:35 AM edwinr wrote:

I like the new Studio 20 V3. Good cosmetics and great sound. Not as dynamic as the Klipsch Reference equivalents, but okay sound for the money. The bigger Paradigm reference stuff doesn't gel with me. Just my opinion.

----------------

Agreed.2.gif The studio 20s on stands with beards, soundtage incredible.

I prefer their older stuff and their newer reference stuff.

There's a guy here on Prince Edward Island with a brand new pair of Phanton v.3's for $350 Canadian if you're intersted. Black finish.

Let me know at rcahill@eastlink.ca and ron.cahill@vac-acc.gc.ca if you're interested.

I prefer their older stuff and their newer reference stuff.

There's a guy here on Prince Edward Island with a brand new pair of Phanton v.3's for $350 Canadian if you're intersted. Black finish.

Let me know at rcahill@eastlink.ca and ron.cahill@vac-acc.gc.ca if you're interested.

One thing I liked about the paradigms (speaking about reference and sigs here) is the fact that it has such a nice soundstage. Very wide when right in the sweet spot and also has great off-axis range. Very neutral sounding and not boxy.

I compared the Axiom M22 versus the Paradigm Ref20s. Absolutely NO COMPARISON. The difference was almost embarassing.

Well I know that is one thing they do strive for. The off axis response. Realistically it's impossble to always sit in a typical narrow sweet spot. Especially if there is more than one listener. The Sigs are a great new line that Paradigm brought in. It's about time they did too.

I almost bought the studio 100's, but then the dealer A/B them against the RF7s. I took the RF7s (the RF7s were hooked up to a receiver that was 1/2 the cost of that connected to the 100's). The Studio 100's needed a lot of power to come to life. They sounded warm and very good, but I just liked the brighter sound of klipsh. The A/B reminded me just how much.