Dividing up Corns- make ya sick

colterphoto1

This guy has K33, K55, K77 and xovers for sale from Cornwalls:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3276&item=5734396606&rd=1

According to his description, "one tweeter went out so I am parting the speakers out" I've sent a question about repair/replace tweeter and my capability for cabinet repairs. Let's hope he doesn't throw the boxes out just to try to make a buck on his pile of dusty drivers. Makes ya gag, don't it?

Michael

Michael,

Why don't you just buy the parts for a single Corn and build your own cabinet. It's a simple box with a port in it. You could have it by Christmas that way.

Marvel

btw, Beth is looking better all the time!

Thinking about it, but can't get a new horn as they're not made anymore. If you're talking about buying parts from this guy, I've got bids for xovers and horns. Figure I can get woofs and tweets anytime. Would much rather get em box and all, but whatever.

So far as lil Beth, she's mad at me again. Kids- don't know what I did this time.

Michael

----------------

On 11/28/2004 9:01:19 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Thinking about it, but can't get a new horn as they're not made anymore. If you're talking about buying parts from this guy, I've got bids for xovers and horns. Figure I can get woofs and tweets anytime. Would much rather get em box and all, but whatever.

So far as lil Beth, she's mad at me again. Kids- don't know what I did this time.

Michael

----------------

Michael, think about how much you want to spend on these xovers and horns and put your max. bid in with 30 seconds left in the auction. bidding early gives other bidders time to bid higher. snipe man snipe1.gif1.gif1.gif

----------------

On 11/28/2004 9:01:19 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Michael

----------------

She's doin' a heck of a Pledge of Allegiance there, Michael!

----------------

On 11/28/2004 6:16:09 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

..."Let's hope he doesn't throw the boxes out just to try to make a buck on his pile of dusty drivers. Makes ya gag, don't it?"

Michael

----------------

I agree, but you see it all the time, whether it's audio components, vintage cars, or even pipe organs!

Case in point: an antique WurliTzer theatre pipe organ at an old closed down movie theatre; all original but non-working. Can easily be dismantled, restored, and reinstalled to a new home, and be worth hundreds of thousands due to its all original condition! Due to lack of funds or to secure a buyer for the entire instrument, it sits gathering dust and slowly deteriorating.

Unfortunatly the old theatre's roof partially collapsed during a blizzard, and a small portion of the organ was damaged...it wasn't that bad and could easily be repaired. The new owners of the building didn't care about the historical significance of the instrument, and decided to sell the organ for parts, against the wishes of the local organ historical society (had they the funds, they would've bought it complete). Another fine historic pipe organ bit the dust.

Sorta like these ol' Cornwalls...They don't build 'em anymore, and it would be a shame to see the innards parted out. But that's what happens unless someone with the money can convince the seller to leave the horns and woofers intact and sell the pair as is.

... I agree, but you see it all the time, whether it's audio components, vintage cars, or even pipe organs....

and PINBALL machines! I tell you this, though, sad as it is, were it not for the parting of cars, games, and whatever else, it would be darn near impossible to restore things to original shape. In the car and pinball world, though, reproduction parts are widely available - NOT SO in the vintage speaker world!!

Popbumper

GOOD NEWS- every single part of these babies will be utilized. Offered to help sell the cabinets to a local Forum member and got this response from Ebay seller:

"If the buyer does not want the dead speaker (K77), I will

add it to your package free of costs. also, I think i

have an interested buyer in the cabinets and the

screens so I will not be discarding them. thanks for

the help though. I will send some picture of serial

numbers, but one speaker is missing the paper so i

will only have one."

Not a single Klipsch component will be wasted in breaking up these two Cornwall speakers. I'm just trying to do the right thing, but it's hard for a guy like me.

Michael