• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 11/30/2004 7:56:34 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I'd rather listen to Lee Morgan on a $39 Chinese clock radio CD player than Diana Krall or Patricia Barber or Steely Dan or Black Sabbath or WHATEVER crap music you can name (and I know it's not crap to many of my fellow Klipsch brothers) on the best goddamn stereo in the world.

----------------

Glad you moved up in quality since earlier in the week. Or did you, actually? Those CD player photos were lifted from Stereophile. Let's see a photo of it in your living room.

So what are you using Mr. Parrot? Post pics of your setup for comparison.

- No Disc

----------------

Glad you moved up in quality since earlier in the week. Or did you, actually? Those CD player photos were lifted from Stereophile. Let's see a photo of it in your living room.

----------------

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/4/2004 11:56:30 AM maxg wrote:

Steve,

Dont knock mno till you have sampled it on a decent Turntble. I wont go into long audiophile speak volmes over the joys - just get yourself in front of a TT front ended system and try it - you might be surprised!!!

Much of my favorite listening is to mono recordings.

----------------

Max, I just bought a couple of mono cd's they do sound great too2.gif3.gif yes, even jazz6.gif11.gif

----------------

On 12/4/2004 7:29:22 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 12/4/2004 11:56:30 AM maxg wrote:

Steve,

Dont knock mno till you have sampled it on a decent Turntble. I wont go into long audiophile speak volmes over the joys - just get yourself in front of a TT front ended system and try it - you might be surprised!!!

Much of my favorite listening is to mono recordings.

----------------

Max, I just bought a couple of mono cd's they do sound great too
2.gif3.gif
yes, even jazz
6.gif11.gif

----------------

Funny you should mention that I bought Saxaphone Collosus on XRCD and listened to it for years without realizing it was a mono recording.

How much of this hobby ia what we hear and how much what our brains tell us to hear is an interesting subject - expecially in the light of the flame wars going on around us.

And I will offer $150 for the $39 chinese CD player. Of course I understand it is not a real Chinese CD player. One of those that they actually get manufactuered in another country (obviously for the cost saving). I cant tell you how often I talk to Chinese people concerned about goods being made cheaper in the US and consequent job losses locally...

Mike,

$39 is probably doable for a digital amp. Tubes might be a bit more tricky, but I have seen tube monoblocks for $99 a few years back...cant remember the name of the company now though...

I guess my memory isnt what it....er...where was I?

Hey guys, It seems after reading all the responses that both sides make valid points.

I believe that just like any other source in audio there will not be 100% agreement on any one source.

It allways is subjective to each individuals tastes or preferences

I know I have a bias towards my own gear/source and when someone doesnt like my gear/source,My first reaction is to think "How the heck can they think that"

The only rule that ever seems to apply to ALL of us is that if you are happy with YOUR sound then that IS all that really matters.1.gif

Tomski

----------------

On 12/4/2004 7:37:38 PM Allan Songer wrote:

Now lets see YOUR CD player! I know you have CRAP and are far too ashamed to post a pic!!

----------------

Okay here goes. But for accuracy's sake, it is not a CRAP model but an AIWA. And it was well over $39 last year, I think maybe $59. Still when I figured it doesn't just play CDs, but is a clock and alarm too, and a radio (both FM and AM), with built-in stereo speakers, I figured I could splurge. This one is solid-state, by the way.

myclockradio.jpg

Am wondering if perhaps I should put it on rollerblocks or vibrapods? I'm not sure if, when the mixer's mixing and the microwave is microwaving and the ice cube maker is making ice cubes, all that activity isn't taxing the error correction?

Hey Paul,

That is a crap Aiwa - my Aiwa holds 5 disks at a time - obviously a FAR superior model! In fact it is a separates system - amp, tuner, CD player and dual tape deck all in separate high quality plastic fantastic boxes that are the envy of the little light bulbs in coffin system I run in the other room.

I cant find a picture of it on line - I think they stopped making it about 20 mintues after it came out - I wonder why?

Allan,

I got a similar one too - but the surrounding box is smaller.