Eric Clapton's "Crossroads Guitar Festival"

dkp

Has anyone purchased Eric Clapton's latest "Crossroads Guitar Festival" yet? I haven't, but it looks like one that will need to find a way into my collection soon! A brief description (from the Amazon site):

In June 2004, some of the greatest living guitar players and their bands gathered at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas, for a three-day festival to benefit the Crossroads Centre in Antigua. It was the ultimate concert for any music lover, featuring one legend after the other: Eric Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson, James Taylor, Jimmie Vaughan, Joe Walsh, John Mayer, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Santana, ZZ Top, and many more. This 2-DVD set beautifully documents the event and contains over 4 hours of content. Planned extras include in-depth artist interviews, a mini-documentary, photo gallery, alternate angle, and more. Royalties from the DVD sales will benefit the Crossroads Center.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUN!and get this dvd,I'm watching it right now and it far exceeded my expectations.Video is great,AUDIO is great,line-up is outstanding and sets are first rate.I got all the other Clapton concerts and this one puts all of them together to shame.

I know this is a glowing review but when a dvd concert exceeds my expectations this much I tend to get pretty excited.Its about as close to a guitar lovers dream concert as I've seen on video.On a scale of 1-10 its a solid 9.5(and thats sayin' alot).

If you follow alot of concerts you will see many faces you recognize,some maybe not but you may recognize the song instead.

Lastly this is a great tribute to the true blues men that started it all way back when and follows the progression to modern day rock/blues.Several thumbs up!

----------------

On 12/8/2004 9:42:48 PM dkp wrote:

Has anyone purchased Eric Clapton's latest "Crossroads Guitar Festival" yet? I haven't, but it looks like one that will need to find a way into my collection soon! A brief description (from the Amazon site):

In June 2004, some of the greatest living guitar players and their bands gathered at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas, for a three-day festival to benefit the Crossroads Centre in Antigua. It was the ultimate concert for any music lover, featuring one legend after the other: Eric Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson, James Taylor, Jimmie Vaughan, Joe Walsh, John Mayer, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Santana, ZZ Top, and many more.
This 2-DVD set beautifully documents the event and contains over 4 hours of content
. Planned extras include in-depth artist interviews, a mini-documentary, photo gallery, alternate angle, and more. Royalties from the DVD sales will benefit the Crossroads Center.
----------------

4.gif2.gif1.gif9.gif12.gif

• Moderators

Fish is right watched it last night, VERY GOOD. The outside of the box says Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround but when you play it it also gives you the choice of DTS which is what i used last night. The sound and picture is as good or better as any i have and it is not just a concert they interview almost everyone that plays , it is almost like a story about the blues. I can't belive how good it is the talent can't be beat. Even if you arent crazy about the blues it is worth having just for the talent on guitars and some of these people are old and this may be the last record of them playing at least together. Almost forgot it is a 2 disk set and not just music on one and extras on the other. ok i will stop talking now, just was very suprised.

This dvd was very good. I thank everyone for their input on this in helping me purchase this gem of a collectors item. This is why I own Klipsch. This concert spans alot of ground. There has to be at least one song between both disc that will just totally inspire, and move you. If not you better check your pulse, and see if your still alive. I have much respect for every musician on the list. Robert Cray and Robert Randolph also Vishwa Mohan Bhatt now have a new fan. Years of inpiration. Thank you all, and the money goes for a great cause to help people kick alchohol. The money paid is worth it just to have ZZtop do "La Grange" in DTS. Fish do you have any idea what brand of guitar amplifier those little combos ZZ were using? TONE TO THE BONE!!!!

wheelman-I happened into another Klipsch dealer the other day and they had this dvd going. Joe Walsh was doing his "Rocky Mountain Way." They didn't have it playing on Klipsch speakers (using Mirage-never heard of them) but the video looked fantastic! I am definitely putting this one in my collection-just need to wait to see what Mrs. dkp brings for Christmas.

David

----------------

On 12/17/2004 5:36:34 PM dkp wrote:

wheelman-I happened into another Klipsch dealer the other day and they had this dvd going. Joe Walsh was doing his "Rocky Mountain Way." They didn't have it playing on Klipsch speakers (using Mirage-never heard of them) but the video looked fantastic! I am definitely putting this one in my collection-just need to wait to see what Mrs. dkp brings for Christmas.

David

----------------

I hear ya hopefully Mrs. dkp will too so you get what you want for Christmas.1.gif Thanks for mentioning this dvd.