Bourne Supremacy

Rick

Bought it last Thursday...

Picture was good, sound was good, but I was dissapointed that it wasn't in DTS like the first one.

Other than that... liked it a lot. I am a big fan of both these movies. I am kind of wishing for a third, but I get the feeling they wrapped up the series in just two movies. There are three books total... but I get the feeling they combined books two and three for this movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mrs. Picky and I watched this one last night. It was very entertaining, only we'd wished we'd re-viewed 'Bourne Idenity' first as it has been about a year since we last viewed it and had some trouble remembering a few things...just like Bourne, I guess. 2.gif

The movie had us on the edge of our seats for the most part (just like the first one) and the lively sound track was very enjoyable. The unusual, percussive music was very effective in setting the mood for each scene. The only pitfall was the giggly camera work obscured much of the detail in the fight and chase scenes. Perhaps, this was to hide their mistakes and shortcomings? I'd give this one an "A" for story line, acting and sound track and a "C" for cinematography.

I too missed the girlfriend. She represented a good character and was an excellent actress as well. There was also no fight that equaled the apartment clash in Bourne I. Still, a fun movie to watch with excellent picture and sound. The kid got it for Christmas so I will someday watch it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it....

Nothing like the Ludlum book if you have read it....so I will not even compare....

The stunt scenes were well thought out...but the SHAKY cam stuff...gave me a headache...too shaky...made it very difficult to actually see what was happening....next time I watch I will put it in slow mo....

This shaky cam was pretty much all the time...and after viewing the special features is what the director wanted.....I feel the shook too much....

This movie is stand alone and watching the first is not required....but...

Watching the first will make the supremacy....a better experience...since you will know a majority of the character's background story...

Not having DTS...stinks....as the the first movie had it...and to me there is a noticable difference in sound...

I wonde if there are plans to make the ULTIMATUM (final book in series) into a movie as well??

I watched BS last night and didn't really like it as much as the first. On top of "shakey cam" they used "flashy cam" as well. They wouldn't stay on one angle of a chase for more than a second before the flashed over to another and then another, etc. I am not sure what affect the director was trying to have on his audience but this audience was a little annoyed. Maybe this didn't bother some on the younger scene that are used to PS2 games flashing before their eyes...

Overall, I might try to watch this again but I won't go out of my way to do it.

I liked this movie a lot-the shaky camera didn't bother me too much, except when seeing it in the theater (we were WAY to close). Does anyone know if there is a third Bourne story out there that could be made into a movie? I know I saw the title, "Bourne Legacy" somewhere and for the life of me cannot remember where.

----------------

On 1/31/2005 1:05:25 PM ygmn wrote:

The 3rd book is Bourne Ultimatum.....

----------------

Thanks, ygmn. I just ran a search and found "ultimatum" and also "Legacy." Evidently, Legacy was written by another author (authorized by original author's estate) to write a sequel to Ultimatum. Setting is much later in Bourne's life...